Go 730 register — TomTom Community

Go 730 register

Hello, I have bought a used TomTom Go 730. When I connect the device to TomTom Home software, an e-mail address appears. I don't have the password. How can I delete this email address that is stored with TomTom for this device and then re-register for the device? I cannot contact the previous owner or he does not respond. Thanks for instructions in advance. Greeting Jörg

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,128
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jorgos

Go into Settings and Factory Reset the device. This will delete the existing settings and data and then you set it up. as if it was just out of the box. Any current Subscriptions and Maps that were ever bought for the device will still be associated with it as they are tied to tied to its Serial Number.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @jorgos

Go into Settings and Factory Reset the device. This will delete the existing settings and data and then you set it up. as if it was just out of the box. Any current Subscriptions and Maps that were ever bought for the device will still be associated with it as they are tied to tied to its Serial Number.

Doug
  • jorgosjorgos Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Many thanks for the quick response. In the device I find the item "Restore default" in the settings on page 8 of 8. Do you mean this selection to reset to the factory settings?
    Superuser
  • jorgosjorgos Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yeah, seems to work. Thanks a lot.
    Superuser
    Hi @jorgos

Glad you are sorted.

Doug