Will GO Premium X performance be better than my GO600 — TomTom Community

Will GO Premium X performance be better than my GO600

I'm thinking about getting the GO Premium X to replace my GO600. I don't do many journeys in a year but when I do they are quite long ones in the UK.

What is also tempting me is the current offer price and also not having to purchase the speed camera subscription each year as I currently do. However, I am being slightly put off by some negative reviews I have read of the Premium X, such as, .....'freezes up and less responsive, voice control abysmal, fails to find address in database, extremely slow start up time'.

It's quite a big outlay so I would welcome the thoughts of other Premium X owners please.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @marchend
    marchend wrote: »
    (Snip) I am being slightly put off by some negative reviews I have read of the Premium X, such as, .....'freezes up and less responsive, voice control abysmal, fails to find address in database, extremely slow start up time'.
    It's quite a big outlay so I would welcome the thoughts of other Premium X owners please.
    For Me....
    (1)... Freezes up and less responsive --> My GO Premium rarely freezes and when in use its far MORE responsive than my GO 5000
    (2)... Voice control abysmal --> Don't know never use Voice Control
    (3)... Fails to find address in database --> The excellent Quick Search (Default Search Engine) is the same as your GO 600
    Its only the optional Step by Step Search Engine is abysmal for UK Postcodes
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1630007/#Comment_1630007
    (4)... Extremely slow start up time --> How strange ???
    My GO Premium Start-up from Sleep or Turned off Mode is fine....
    GO Premium start-up from Sleep Mode and Ready for use....
    3.35 seconds (Stopwatch)
    GO Premium start-up from Turned off Mode and Ready for use....
    48.53 Seconds (Stopwatch)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • marchendmarchend Posts: 132 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for your indepth reply YamFazMan.

The bit about the post code. Are you saying you can't just put in the post code and get the address up as I currently do with my GO600?

Just one other question. Will my 6yr old android smart phone work with this device?
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi

The GO Premium Quick Search (Default & the best) Search engine is the same as your GO 600 and is fine for Post codes :)

Its only the optional Step by Step Search engine that's problematic with postcodes
    See...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1630007/#Comment_1630007
    To see the Step by Step Search engine on your GO 600....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a Search Mode ???

The 6yr old android smart phone may work as a basic Hands free Phone over the simple bluetooth connection option ??? but would I be surprised if it works for reading out text messages and route planning using the Phone and the MyDrive App ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks YamFazMan 👍

So all things considered you would say the Premium X is a good buy and worth investing in.

Superusers
    Hi
    @marchend
    If its only the increase in performance and usability then the the GO 5200 & GO 6200 have the same CPU as the GO Premium....

Unless you intend to use the Smart Home IFTTT Integration and the other extra GO Premium features the GO 5200 & 6200 use the same hardware....

ATB YFM
    edited July 2020
    Thanks YamFazMan

You mention the GO5200 and GO6200 having the same hardware. Mine is the GO600, which I assume also has the same hardware.

Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @marchend
    'NO' the GO 600 is an earlier NAV4 Device with 8GB of onboard Memory Like my GO 5000....

The GO 5200 and GO 6200 with 16GB of onboard Memory are NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices with a 2X times faster Processors and a built in GPRS SIM for Live Traffic like the GO Premium....

ATB YFM
    Thanks YamFazMan

You certanly know your satnavs. 👍