Speed cameras don’t show on route — TomTom Community

Speed cameras don’t show on route

Hi
I have just purchased go premium with lifetime maps and cameras, following update of map and cameras the speed cameras don’t show on route.
Contacted support chat and told to do a factor pay reset and go for a drive, I have the same error. I am now also getting emails saying update my payment method and invoice for 1 month world speed @£2.99, but total is zero.
Tried getting support vi chat but it is all closed due to covid... but was open 2 weeks ago!.?

Has anyone else got the same issue or know of a solution or how to contact support

Thanks

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,846
    Superusers
    Hi
    Usually the support should also be available via email as shown here.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Often the moderators @VikramK or @lampard can sort the accounts too. You dont have to buy the services.
  • DougiiDougii Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you I will give that a go.. fingers crossed it will all work out ok
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,712
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Dougii
    Welcome to the site....
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi
    I have verified the settings as above and they are all set as you recommend. I tried to get only chat today but couldn’t get lower than 27th in the queue it kept jumping back to 36th then counted down .

Personally I think it is something to do with the emails I am getting saying you need to pay for camera then a couple of days later I get another emails saying paid with zero pounds. As these should be free for life. On my old tomtom I paid once a year and never had any issues, starting to regret the upgrade to a Wi-fi sat nav now.

I’ll try chat again tomorrow hopefully with more success.

Thanks again
    An new month and another email saying to update my payment details for a free cameras for life... and guess what speed cameras do not work again... this tomtom was the worst upgrade I have ever done what a waste of money... every month the same issue doesn’t anyone in tomtom actually listen
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,355
    Superuser
    Hi @Dougii

Hopefully @VikramK can have a look at the settings for your GO Premium on the Tomtom Servers and then advise what if anything you need to do . Look back here later.

Doug
    Thanks. I am willing to try anything, I don’t see why I am getting flagged for payment when the device on the account is set for free maps and cameras. If I go to my subscriptions it would let me pay the monthly charge, (which I haven’t done course) so this is what needs to be turned off on the account/ server side

Appreciate any help you can give
    Superuser
    edited August 4
    Hi @Dougii

Certainly if the unit is a GO Premium you should not need to purchase any services. If you go to Settings/Maps/Add a map do you get a list of the maps available to you. If not that suggests the settings on the TT servers definitely need sorting which @VikramK can do.

By the way it is a good idea to have a minimum of 2 maps on the device. Look for something like Iceland, Iraq or Venezuela as these are very small maps and so if you load one of those it is tucked away one your internal memory. With the 2 maps being present if when you are updating your main map, you should do updates one at a time, there is an issue and you lose the map you have the little map there so you can start and run the unit normally and so reload the lost map.

Doug
    Hi I have gone to settings as suggested and I can see multiple world maps listed.
    I have downloaded Iraq as it was only small. Thanks for the tip
    I will make sure I only carry out 1 update at a time going forward

Cheers

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    edited August 6
    Hi @Dougii

Welcome to the community! All services including speed cameras are active on your GO PREMIUM.
    However, I see that you have another device(serial number starting QR- GO 5000/5100). I think the messages you are receiving for the renewal are related to this one.

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi,

i will remove the old device and see what happens, if that was the case then what an idiot i have been ;-) .

the emails do not refer to a device in my defence and the cost is a monthly charge where on the old device it was always yearly, so i am not sure, but lets see what happens next month.

is it normal to see a monthly transaction when you have free for life cameras?

ed902s44gmqb.png
    Superuser
    Hi @Dougii

Don’t delete it as now you know what device the messages relate too.

You have highlighted something I suggested yesterday to someone in the customer care team that the messages should have some means of identifying which TT device the message related too. Clearly the system is not catering for those accounts with multiple devices.

TT stopped doing the Annual Speed Camera updates for Europe on an annual basis a little while ago and replaced it with a World File based on Monthly payments. The file works with whatever map you are using at the time.

Now is everything working OK on the Premium or do you need some more help.

Doug
    ok i wont delete my second device.

thanks for your help, hopefully my speed cameras will work uninterrupted next month.

they seem to be working fine for now,

thank you very much for your help.
    Superuser
    Hi @Dougii

Ok. Now to just let you know a small issue if you have more than one unit on the same account.

Turn both your Premium and Go %XXX units on. Create a route on one of them and if they are both logged into your My Drive Account the same route will miraculously appear on the other unit as well. So for example if you have a partner and set a route for them to a destination and they leave on the trip if you then turn on the other unit and create a route on that it will change to this new route on your partners unit whilst they are going along and so send them somewhere else. Coventry comes to mind! 😂😂

There is a simple solution. Go to Settings/My Drive and press Stop Syncing. This logs the device out of your account. To log in is easy as it remembers your account details and you only have to enter the password. Being logged out of the Account does not affect the normal operation of the device and you only need to be logged in when you want to sync you device so that any new My Places you have created on the device to your account and the other unit as well. Also you need to be logged into your account to be able receive routes sent to your unit from your PC or the My Drive Phone App.
    Hope all is okay now.

Doug