Cannot update European map on TomTom GO — TomTom Community

Cannot update European map on TomTom GO

TanyaDTanyaD Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited July 2020 in Map installation
Hi, I have the same issue as many other users in this forum seem to have experienced.
I recently purchased a brand new TomTom Truck Sat Nav GO Professional 6250 WiFi version, with unlimited lifetime maps. On installation it will not update the maps - in the settings window it says that the current version is Europe Truck v1030.9532 from "04/2019", but it also says that maps are "Up to date". I have read in other threads that this is possibly as a result of issues related to the current pandemic and accounts and devices not being properly activated?

I have attempted soft reset, a full reset of the device, and a usb connection - no update is offered after any of these attempts.

I hope that someone here can help, as I have seen this same issue resolved for others here.
Thank you for your time.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    Hi @TanyaD

Look back here tomorrow when hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will have been able to sort your account out.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,670
    Superusers
    Hi
    @TanyaD
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,225 Moderator
    Hi @TanyaD

Welcome to the community!

The services have been activated for your GO PROFESSIONAL 6250. Please check for map updates now.

Thanks, Vikram
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0