Start 25 buggy

Hbcdestroyer
Hbcdestroyer Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using MyDrive Connect
Hi

Just updated my start 25 and now it randomly acts like it is being pressed and scrolls through menus etc, so annoying! I have done the drum roll reset and restore through my connect and still the same issue. Any ideas?

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,012
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Hbcdestroyer
    Welcome to the site...
    Thoroughly clean the screen especially around and under the bezel, a piece of thin stiff card is good to remove grunge from under the bezel...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Hbcdestroyer
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the tip. I tried this with no success even though the screen is already clean, I'm thinking software bug as this only started after update, can I rollback device?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,012
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Hbcdestroyer
    Tomtom FAQ Video...

Recovery mode... Usually rolls the NavKit Back to the previous version
    Warning... I would not use Recovery Mode on just a whim... In my experience, anyone trying to activate Recovery Mode... Without a fully active connection Via a USB Cable & MyDrive Connect could have real problems....

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

ATB YFM
  • Hbcdestroyer
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Yamfazman, tried the recovery option and still the same issue. :'(