Free up space does not work — TomTom Community

Free up space does not work

corneliu_dimitriucorneliu_dimitriu Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I have a go 6100. I am trying to update my maps. It does not work because there is not enough space left on the device. I clicked the option free up space by getting rid of some of the buildings. When I press the button "free up space" nothing happens. What should I do? Is there any other way of freeing up space?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,174 Moderator
    Hi @corneliu_dimitriu

Welcome to the community!
    Why not use a memory card to install new map updates. You can install a smaller map like Venezuela to the internal memory as a backup.

Your device supports memory expansion up to 32 GB but a 16 GB(class10) memory card should be suffice.

Regards, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,639
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    @corneliu_dimitriu
    Welcome to the site....
    Re... The Full Europe Map
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now 9GB +
    You need to install a branded 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card....

As Vikram says you can add a small Venezuela Map to your device to act as a keeper and to avoid the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM