TomTom CURFER discontinuation — TomTom Community

TomTom CURFER discontinuation

kieronkieron Posts: 383
Superusers
TomTom will no longer support the Curfer app and the OBD device with updates or fixes as of 14/07/2020.

Once the app is discontinued it will no longer be possible to download it from the App Store or Google Play. Depending on your phone and its operating system, the Curfer app and the OBD device might stop syncing information after this date. Also, if your phone installs an update to its operating system it's possible that the Curfer app is removed after the update.

If you purchased a TomTom CURFER less than two years ago, we would like to offer you a one-year subscription in our new GO Navigation app to thank you for your loyalty. To claim this offer, or for any other questions regarding this you might have, please contact us.
Note: Please have your proof of purchase and any relevant information at hand when reaching out to us.
:'(

Comments

• AllfatherOdhinnAllfatherOdhinn Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Last few posts make sense now. Was the curfer ever really supported?
  • ZwirbelZwirbel Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No, it was never really supported, the last app version is 2 years old and the feedback from TomTom in this discussion forum is almost not existing. So TomTom is finally pulling the plug on a product that was never really supported, so no surprise there…
  • Angry_CustomerAngry_Customer Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    This is a discrace, that they are withdrawing the Curfer. I paid £118 for two of these and All I get is a crappy 1 yr sub to an online Sat Nav. I already have a TomTom Sat nav so why would this app it's not going to be any good for me?

Once again the loyal customer is crapped on.

I have the Go 50 Sat Nav
    2x Curfers
    2X Action Cams

And I use my Curfers everyday as I train people to become an advanced drivers.
    and we use the status reports at the end of the drive to review their drive.

What am I going to use now TomTom?

Also I get an email stating that you are enrolling me for a monthly subscription to Speed cameras for £2.99 a month. I have not requested this and if you take money out of my account I will be in touch with the bank to have your status as a retailer withdrawn. As this is a underhanded way of getting money out of customers.

• Angry_CustomerAngry_Customer Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    One Other thing Put a Customer Service Email Address on the Website so people can get in touch and stop hiding away from your customers.