TomTom Home – “No Items available” during update — TomTom Community

TomTom Home – “No Items available” during update

4Time4Time Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I purchased my TomTom Rider (2013) from new with Maps and Speed camera updates for life, but on this last update faced lots of problems with an update and ending up doing number of Restores after trying to make space for the map update.

My current issue is that when I attach it to TomTom Home (Version 2.2011.41) it no longer prompts for an update. When I manually select an update, I get the message “no items available”. Previously when I tried to update, I would always get Satellite position and map share updates along with multiple speed camera updates options as a minimum.

APP version is now 9.501 (uploaded via Home)
Map Version is Europe_West v1050.10176

I fear that I have made a right mess of this update by doing multiple “Restores” and somehow messed up the system so that it is no longer associated with the map and speed camera updates.
Please can someone you help
The good news is the unit is currently working well with correct time displayed!

Best Answers

• 4Time4Time Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    @DougLap @VikramK @lampard

Fantastic all is working now !!!!

I have just tried connecting the Rider (2013) to my TomTom again and although it didn't prompt me for an update - when I did select the update option, the Satellite Position update was showing as were all the camera updates. All downloaded OK.

Kudos and thanks for helping me get up and running again.

One good outcome of this was it got me to exploring TomTom my drive - so I have now found the "Road Trips" which looks interesting. It looks as though I can export a GPX file that I will be able to load up onto my Rider and let it convert to an ITN. I'll try this and lets folks know how I get on.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,341
    Superuser
    edited June 25 Accepted Answer
    Hi @4Time

Glad you are sorted. For future reference if your device is linked to the account on here then the Mods can see it and can view the logs on the server to see what has been happening.

Also do all updates one at a time and at the end do a Soft Reset which tidies the files up on the device..

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @4Time

Map version 10.50 is the latest. If you are seeing 10.51 mentioned that only relates to maps with Mexico on them.

Doug
    Doug thanks for quick response and for the confirmation that 10.50 is latest version for the map. My concen was not that, but more that I won't get future updates of maps and speed cameras etc because of the cack handed way I did the update trying to fix the clock issue. I'm no longer getting a prompt to update, or offer of a satellite position update, which I thought was supposed to be daily?
    I've never really had problems before - so only just started to delve deeper and really appreciate the help and guidance.
    Superuser
    Hi @4Time

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard can check your account to make sure any updates you should get will be offered

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @4Time

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard can check your account to make sure any updates you should get will be offered

Doug

Douglap - thank you for the guidance

@VikramK or @lampard do I need to advise you of my details so that you can check or can you pick these details up from the forum? Do you need any more info?
    Cheers
    Accepted Answer
    @DougLap @VikramK @lampard

Fantastic all is working now !!!!

I have just tried connecting the Rider (2013) to my TomTom again and although it didn't prompt me for an update - when I did select the update option, the Satellite Position update was showing as were all the camera updates. All downloaded OK.

Kudos and thanks for helping me get up and running again.

One good outcome of this was it got me to exploring TomTom my drive - so I have now found the "Road Trips" which looks interesting. It looks as though I can export a GPX file that I will be able to load up onto my Rider and let it convert to an ITN. I'll try this and lets folks know how I get on.
    Superuser
    edited June 25 Accepted Answer
    Hi @4Time

Glad you are sorted. For future reference if your device is linked to the account on here then the Mods can see it and can view the logs on the server to see what has been happening.

Also do all updates one at a time and at the end do a Soft Reset which tidies the files up on the device..

Doug