Map share accepts report, but it takes so much time to fix. — TomTom Community

Map share accepts report, but it takes so much time to fix.

AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 48 [Outstanding Explorer]
So apparently the “Accepted” section of a report means that TomTom has updated their database. That is the quick part. Why does it take so much time (Like from 1 week to 2) for the report to be fixed?
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    edited April 20
    Hi Andy,

MapShare reports which are accepted means that the correction has been picked up with the team.

A minor correction could get fixed early but for some, the correction could require other inter-dependent changes to the different map layers.

Furthermore, it could take up to 3 to 6 months for these changes to show up on our quarterly map releases.

Once an updated map is ready, we need to optimize it for our sat nav’s as well as split it up in 600 different map products that we offer our end consumers. Currently, this still takes approximately three months.

Regards
    Vikram.
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 48 [Outstanding Explorer]
    But I am not talking about device updates, I am talking about my reports popping up on MyDrive.
  • rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 228 [Exalted Navigator]
    mydrive website? what correction have you reported?
    ah4nkeg46cld.jpg
    Then is the Mapshare website wrong? does "accepted" just mean that my reports have been picked up by the team? Or if the team already has their database fixed, and you just have to wait?
    Hello? I have not gotten a response yet.