GO 600 keeps losing voices — TomTom Community

GO 600 keeps losing voices

Annoying: If I switch off GO 600, it loses voices. I need to connect it to TomTom Drive to get them back. I can go around by putting it to 'sleep', but once the battery runs out out, the voices are gone.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,706
    Superuser
    Hi @Pekka & patka

I would do the following if it was my unit to see which resolves the problem.

A Soft reset. Ie Turn your unit on then when working Press and Hold down the On/Off button for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drum Roll sound. The unit will restart.

If problem still exists do.a full Reset. Make sure the GO600 is fully charged and Tap Menu, Tap Settings, Tap System, Tap Reset device. This will restore the unit back to factory settings and mean you will have to set it up with language etc. You will lose all your data such as favourites, Poi and Route files. Those saved in your Account in MyDrive should resync to the unit when you start using it or it is connected to the Computer.

If the problem still exists then Contact Customer Support for more help. See Contact at the bottom of this page and scroll through . I think in Finland it is a Live Chat facility.

Doug
  • Pekka&PätkäPekka&Pätkä Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thx! Did hard reset. Seems to work now, let's see for how long... One issue might be that I'm using this in Finland but in English. I have removed Finnish voices. I had to English U.S. voices installed, but the other one required all units to be in U.S., not metric. So frustrating to have so may reliability issues, my previous TomTom worked fine.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,706
    Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Pekka&Pätkä

If you are using the Europe map why not try Serena or Malcolm with it as the re UK English. maybe @VikramK can add them to your account if you don't have them. Keep an eye here.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    @Pekka&Pätkä

Malcolm is not compatible with the GO 600 so added the Serena voice..

Please connect the device to MyDrive Connect and download the voice.

Regards
    Vikram
    I've done soft & hard reset, I have tried U.S., UK, Finnish & Swedish voices, but I keep losing the voice if I power off or if the battery runs empty. The voice stays only if I connect the GPS to computer & leave it stand-by. Very frustrating without voice guidance!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,113
    Superusers
    edited October 2019
    Hi
    @Pekka&Pätkä

Did you try the UK Serena voice that Vikram (The post above your post) allocated to your account ???

ATB YFM
    I tried, didn’t help.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Hi @Pekka&Pätkä

It's making me think if there could be some issue with the application not able to read the voice after a reboot or after switch off- switch on.

Could you try the recovery mode, which will remove the existing application and replace it with a fresh version? See the video below-

Thanks,
    Vikram
    Is it a must to not use USB hub? I don’t have a regular USB port in my light laptop, only mini USB (or is it micro, not sure).
    I tried 'recovery mode', but I still keep losing the voice if I power off or if the battery runs empty. In addition, I got a new issue; If there are multiple updates available, I can only do one at a time and I have to switch off/on + close "My Drive" & then restart before I can do 2nd update. I tried to re-install voices, and now all voices show up as "not available". I.e., only the name shows up, but the language is not visible, it only reads "not available".
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,113
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Pekka&Pätkä

How much Free Memory is there for working space, 400MB is the bare Minimum
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> About... Free Space

ATB YFM
    Free 780 MB in device, 130 MB free in memory card.
    After several months of not travelling, the GPS lost the power & lost the voices again. So the issue just remains there. Now I got the voices back immediately after I connected the gps to computer. But this is not always possible while travelling. I have to say that this has been very bad piece of equipment.