tom tom rider 550 display — TomTom Community

tom tom rider 550 display

denbo1400denbo1400 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
Hi got home the other day and my TT 550 connected to house wifi, informed me 2 new updates available as it does and so I let it update while by house via my wifi and power supply left on, it did this update and as display went dull with that update % clock showing when it got to 100% done the display went back to normal map view, but very dull as update screen and could only just see map in centre so to speak, did not change until I actually powered it off (not sleep) restarted and all good ..Any clue as to why this happened I updated last time few days back and it just went back to how it was, I did not have to power down etc ..Thanks in advance ...

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,268
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    @denbo1400

Check the Battery charge status....
    At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device...

Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) button... On the Menu Screen top right is a battery status Icon
    Charging... Displays when Connected to a Power supply
    368fa599-f465-4a45-9274-b2b29b56a6d1.jpg
    Full Charge... Displays when Connected or Not Connected Power supply
    ebebfcff-7cf3-43d5-9479-ef4b7f2a85ed.jpg
    Half Charge... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    5c45ac4c-1a65-45a0-9b3b-8b88879a94cc.jpg
    Low Battery... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    29b0c6f3-11f1-4d8f-9543-eef314472a31.jpg
    One of the worst things you can do to a Lithium battery is to run it flat so at a certain percentage of discharge (Unspecified)... The device will go into 'Power Saving Mode' the screen will dull, and the device will eventually turn itself off (Not Sleep)

There is a Battery Status display available on the devices Status Screen
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound Continue to hold the on/off button until the Black & White Status screen is shown.....
    c3623f43-813f-4ddf-9e35-af42824c5331.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • denbo1400denbo1400 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 2020
    Hi yamfazman..thanks for info but it was connected to power at the time and all the time when updated, even when dark screen was happening ??
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,268
    Superusers
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    @denbo1400
    Does the bike use the CAN bus Wiring System... You can get weird results tapping into a CAN bus System....

The screens do go dull (Power saving mode) when you are updating the device
    When updating he device should be connected to a power supply....
    If you use a PC USB port that only outputs 500 mA (0.5 Amp)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • denbo1400denbo1400 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks mate..it was on 12v power supply from battery ..its OK and working.. just wonderd why it did this ...Stay safe bud