Speed camera announcements — TomTom Community

Speed camera announcements

I've often thought two things could be improved on my TomTom Go 500:
  • When approaching a camera, it would be great if the voice would announce the speed too. For example: "Fixed camera: 50mph".
  • Likewise when approaching a combined red light/speed camera, it should announce "Red light camera: 30mph".

I'd find this really helpful in unfamiliar areas to confirm the speed limit without needing to look at the device.

Would anyone else find this useful?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,087
    Superusers
    edited June 5
    Hi
    @JT23
    Welcome to the site....
    +1....

But or general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JT23JT23 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your post YamFazMan. I have most of these announcements switched on already.

My suggestion is more specific: I would like the voice to announce the speed that the camera is set to along with its type. This is not currently offered by the device, although all the data is there, so it should be easy to add.

As a bonus, it would also be great if the camera speed and type could also be added to the route bar too. There's space to fit it in alongside the distance.