Map Purchased, but not avaliable — TomTom Community

Map Purchased, but not avaliable

denmlydenmly Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi All.
I bought a Map update 4 days ago, it took 2 days to complete, but still it is not in my TomTom MyDrive Connect App, so i can install it on my device.

How long should i wait for this update?

I've tried to call the Danish Support number, but it is out of order, and there is nowhere to find a email to write to Support, The online Chat robot, have been sitting in queue as no. 1...

I'm getting a little impatient with this.

Anyone know how long to wait to the map to become availiable in the app?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,003
    Superuser
    Hi @denmly

Hopefully @VikramK picks this up and can sort it for you. Look back later to see his response.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,955 Moderator
    Hi @denmly

Welcome to the community!

We are not offering support over the phone but you should be able to connect using the LIVE chat.

Which map have you ordered? The RIDER 420 is supposed to come with Lifetime maps(Europe).

Regards, Vikram
  • denmlydenmly Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 2020
    Hi @VikramK

I tried the live chat, but after 40 min of being no. 1, i gave up.

I have a Rider 400 sn: KDxxxxxxxx00, when i startet mydrive connect on my pc, there was not any map updates to install. so purchased the Europe maps for it.

Regards Michael

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,955 Moderator
    Thanks Michael,

The specification on our website still shows that the device comes with Lifetime maps, see this link- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/motorcycle-sat-nav/products/rider-400/

denmly wrote: »
    when i startet mydrive connect on my pc, there was not any map updates to install. so purchased the Europe maps for it.

That is because the Lifetime Map service was not activated in the backend. I asked the team to fix it. Now if you connect the device and check for updates a new map will be offered as a download.

I still cannot trace the order you mentioned, but I guess the customer service is better equipped with tools to track those. I think you can raise a refund request for the map purchase:)

Try dropping an email during the non-working hours.

Thanks, Vikram
    edited June 2020
    Hi @VikramK

YES!!! i can see the maps now... great Thanks...

The order that i payed for new maps is: 40xxxxx63 is this can help you

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
    Hi @VikramK

Where do i send an email to, to get in contact with customer service?

Regards Michael
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,042
    Superusers
    denmly wrote: »
    Where do i send an email to, to get in contact with customer service?
    Klick https://help.tomtom.com/hc/

See also: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services