Problems with GPRS connection op TomTom premium with SIM card (stande allone device) — TomTom Community

Problems with GPRS connection op TomTom premium with SIM card (stande allone device)

Y wonder if the GOO premium (stand alone device) detects when you put it on his foot on the windscreen and he gets his power from the car?
Y have a problem, my device does not switch from WIFI to GPRS mobile internet if y do activate WIFI and download from it.
Since y only tried the GOO premium holding it in my hand as as reference to the available signals, de GOO 6000 ( also a stand alone device) got everting live services, traffic info, the GOO premium only navigates and made no connection with mobile internet GPRS , not connected was marked in the info of the device.
As y said y did not put in on his food and provided with power of the car. Y know how to let it work with GPRS a complete reset and no connection with WIFI and the whole thing works perfectly everting is there.
So y think by putting it on the mounting foot and powering it from the car, my by then it will ,when WIFI is activated, do the right thing and activate Mobile internet GPRS as it should do. We always tested it out of range from WIFI let that be clear.
I asked TOM-TOM ....we will see but if somebody can help me. It had enough of running tests with that device if it does not work the way it should by by Tom-tom back too sender.
So WIFI- once in the car on his mounting feed, auto of range of my WIFI, swithes to Mobile Internet GPRS device has SIM card en he is ok.

Comments

• Ives GastonIves Gaston Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Y wonder if the GOO premium (stand alone device) detects when you put it on his foot on the windscreen and he gets his power from the car?
    Y have a problem, my device does not switch from WIFI to GPRS mobile internet if y do activate WIFI and download from it.
    Since y only tried the GOO premium holding it in my hand as as reference to the available signals, de GOO 6000 ( also a stand alone device) got everting live services, traffic info, the GOO premium only navigates and made no connection with mobile internet GPRS , not connected was marked in the info of the device.
    As y said y did not put in on his food and provided with power of the car. Y know how to let it work with GPRS a complete reset and no connection with WIFI and the whole thing works perfectly everting is there.
    So y think by putting it on the mounting foot and powering it from the car, my by then it will ,when WIFI is activated, do the right thing and activate Mobile internet GPRS as it should do. We always tested it out of range from WIFI let that be clear.
    I asked TOM-TOM ....we will see but if somebody can help me. It had enough of running tests with that device if it does not work the way it should by by Tom-tom back too sender.
    So WIFI- once in the car on his mounting feed, auto of range of my WIFI, swithes to Mobile Internet GPRS device has SIM card en he is ok.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,113
    Superusers
    edited June 15
    Hi
    @Ives Gaston
    Welcome to the site...
    I guess you are in the Office or at Home and your device is connected to your Office/Home Wi-Fi
    When you are connected over Wi-Fi....
    The Wi-Fi connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM

Note....
    Its the same when you are connected over USB....
    The USB connection will take priority over the GPRS SIM

Try moving out of the Range of your Wi-Fi
    Or
    Logout of your Wi-Fi....
    (You can't actually logout you can only 'Forget' the connection)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Forget) Icon
    Tap (^) Icon Screen top right
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

70e5b90b-25ce-4fca-994c-e836a17cb9fa.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device... I turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates
    Its no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password
    Another benefit of logging out of Wi-Fi... I find the device is more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection

Stay Safe... ATB YFM