GO 6200 in frozen state — TomTom Community

GO 6200 in frozen state

lights up but remains fixed on the PC x Navigator screen, the restore does not work. Anyone with any suggestions to unlock it? Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated(Italian)

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,709
    Superuser
    Hi @andreafumagalli3

Are you trying to update it with the GO6200 connected to the PC.

If you are when the Screen appears saying 'Update the easy way' then do nothing on the PC . Use the menu on the GO6200 ie

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Update and New Items
    Select and do each update one at a time.

Google translate

Stai cercando di aggiornarlo con GO6200 collegato al PC.

Se lo sei quando appare la schermata che dice "Aggiorna in modo semplice", non fare nulla sul PC. Utilizzare il menu sul GO6200 ie

Tocca Menu
    Tocca Impostazioni
    Tocca Aggiorna e Nuovi elementi
    Seleziona ed esegui ogni aggiornamento uno alla volta.

Doug
  • Grumpy_albyGrumpy_alby Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    This has happened to me a couple of times. It’s something to do with the connected power in your vehicle not being enough to keep the battery charged. The fix is to put your Go 6200 on charge at a power point for at least 2 hours. Then, hold the power button down until the “drum roll sound” happens. (This could take up to 30 seconds, so be patient”).
    Hope that helps.
  • bfjbfj Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    I have the same issue lights up but remains fixed on the PC x Navigator screen, the restore does not work. I have left it restoring via pc for hours but no joy. Any ideas folks???
  • bfjbfj Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    I also have exactly the same issue with a TOMTOM Go 5200, it has to be something simple. Driving me mad.
  • JON8HJON8H Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have an issue with my TomTom 6200, which sounds similar to power issue noted by Grumpy_alby. I have returned this to TomTom who said it was no longer covered by warrentee and would cost a fortune (i think £180) to sort, just what you want to hear (NOT) when you have just been made redundant. When I got the 6200 back from sending it in and, said there was nothing wrong. ???

It worked a couple of times until I tried to update it. Having been plugged into the PC for 2 days, when I press the on button a red flashing battery appears. When this issue started at the beginning of the year it was just out of warranty!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,709
    Superuser
    Hi @JON8H

One other thing you could consider is to look on Ebay and get a battery and place it yourself. There are a number of videos on Youtube to show you how.

Doug
  • JON8HJON8H Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Douglap & Thanks for suggestion. This started going wrong some time ago, I think just after the warranty expired not sure if it was at 12 months or 24, which is a real downer. During earlier enquiries I found out the lack of charging capacity in the car, which was new to me. I sent the Go 6200 back to TomTom for repair, for them to tell me that it was knackered and out of warranty and would cost £180 I think to repair. Hungary sent it back and said there was nothing wrong with it!

The Go 6200 was as noted, so i unplugged then plugged it back in and it, it finished uploading update and is now working! The Go 6200 has always been a little flakey, having taken it back to the shop when a week old when it wouldnt switch on.

Not sure where to go now! Probably see how it goes