Problem with GO 5100 - can't connect to PC by USB 3.0 — TomTom Community

Problem with GO 5100 - can't connect to PC by USB 3.0

Hello, I have a problem with my navigation device - Tomtom GO 5100. When I connect the navigation device to PC with original Tomtom usb cable - and I use USB 3.0 ports on my PC to do that, Mydrive Connect application can't connect to navigation device. It says "no connection!" under the name of model of my navigation device. Please help

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    Hi @volvomaniak

I use the USB3 ports of my PCs without worries with my TomTom devices and MyDrive Connect (MDC). What doesn't work is the use of a USB hub, a cable that cannot exchange data or the car holder.
    Look at this topic on a theme similar to yours, it could help you:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122179/tom-tom-go-5100

Regards
  • volvomaniakvolvomaniak Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I tried listed solutions by You LAURE123 but with no luck. I will add information that on my mom's laptop DELL Inspiron 17 5000 series with Windows 10 Home edition my navigaton device - Tomtom go 5100 works fine with usb 3.0 ports. My Drive Connect sees navigation device and I can update it. On my other PC with motherboard Gigabyte model 78LMT-USB3 R2 and the Windows 10 Home Edition the problem with connection by USB 3.0 ports is unfortunately still there. Any solutions to my problem would be appreciated
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi @volvomaniak

Out of interest, that motherboard also has USB 2 ports. Does it work when connected to a USB 2 port on that PC?