TomTom 6200 flip screen — TomTom Community

TomTom 6200 flip screen

Hi all,

By any chance in the future versions of the OS of TomTom 6200 will you support the flip screen? Was supported on older models and it's a shame that I can't see it in this version.

Cheers,

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,937
    Superuser
    Hi @JoeAvenger

The holder rotates so you can use on the dashboard or the windscreen so the ability to route the screen displayed is not required. Do not anticipate the the option will be added to the devices operating system

Doug
  • JoeAvengerJoeAvenger Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @DougLap,

As you can see from the images bellow in this position (with the official mount) the navigation system is up side down. It would be nice to have a way to flip the screen so it can e read-able in this position.

taifd1a5xbhn.jpg
    h4iyuw8s1cm2.jpg

Cheers,
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,937
    Superuser
    edited June 2020
    Hi @JoeAvenger

The mount rotates where the ballpoint is. It is stiff but it will rotate.

See here

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1680313/#Comment_1680313

Doug
    Hi @DougLap,
    I was just asking if it will be possible to have this in the future versions. I'm aware that we can rotate the mount. The reason that I'm asking is that in this position it will occupy less space on the dashboard leaving more room to view the obstacles. For me it's a a big thing as I have a small car (no truck here! ;) ) & I can see the difference between this and the old TomTom that had this feature.
    Cheers,
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,423
    Superusers
    edited June 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @JoeAvenger
    Maybe another option.....
    The Easyport Mount has the same size ball 16mm as the GO 6200 Magnetic Mount

Here's an Easyport Mount + The Magnetic Mount from the GO Premium

Note... The Magnetic Mount hangs lower than the suction cup of the Easyport Mount, so you would have to allow some clearance for this hangover on the dashboard

5e184688-abfd-4cb9-a6b5-d9d1a44ab656.jpg
    Easyport Mount...https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/easyport-mount-9UUB.001.23/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Many thanks @YamFazMan !
    Will look into it!