Changing Country maps — TomTom Community

Changing Country maps

Hi. I'm new, naive, lost! I've updated my Go 500 and also included updates for other European maps. Now, when I turn it on, the display shows a map for an area in France and I can't seem to get it back to England. Can someone please tell me what I'm not doing? Many thanks. God bless. Sole Traveller
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    edited June 4 Accepted Answer
    Hi @SoloTraveller

Welcome to the community!
    You have more than one map installed on the device. The present map selected on the device is France.
    To select and activate a different map just follow the steps as below-

cscgwazeegis.png

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,706
    Superuser
    Hi @SoloTraveller

If you Tap Search are you showing a French Flag top right. If so Tap it and change to UK

Doug
  • SoloTravellerSoloTraveller Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi DougLap
    Many, many thanks. Unfortunately it did nothing: When I press 'SEARCH', it says "Enter an address or name" - on the right (in an oblong 'bubble', it says 'Whole map' - with an upward arrow to the right. when I press 'Whole map', it goes to a list (from the top) Whole map, Nearme, In town or city, Along route.... etc, etc. If I press hte upward arrow, there is a blank screen with a circle and blue arrow in the middle, up and down arrows on the left, and menu bar at bottom left. If I press the menu bar, it goes back to the 'Search, Add home, Recent destination etc......
    Thank you so much for trying. God bless. Sole Traveller.
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 56 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi @SoloTraveller,

I don't have a Go 500 but my TomTom always starts with my current location at the centre of the screen.

So this leads me to wonder if, having done an update, your TomTom has been able to pick up Satellite signals properly i.e. have you tried taking it outside for a bit?

Also what map is currently selected (Main Menu -> Settings-> Maps)?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    edited June 4 Accepted Answer
    Hi @SoloTraveller

Welcome to the community!
    You have more than one map installed on the device. The present map selected on the device is France.
    To select and activate a different map just follow the steps as below-

cscgwazeegis.png

Thanks, Vikram