Add an app to my computer to update maps? Really? In the 21first century? How 1990s — TomTom Community

Add an app to my computer to update maps? Really? In the 21first century? How 1990s

nulldevicenulldevice Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Maybe I missed it on your web pages, but what the heck people, why can't you set up the map update process so you don't need to install a Windows or Mac application?

There are more computer operation systems than Windows or Macintosh. How about joining the 21st century and set up your update to use a web browser for the update?

No map update joy for:
Smart phones
Net books
Unix
Linux
Android
BSD
. . .

Comments

• nulldevicenulldevice Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Maybe I missed it on your web pages, but what the heck people, why can't you set up the map update process so you don't need to install a Windows or Mac application?

There are more computer operation systems than Windows or Macintosh. How about joining the 21st century and set up your update to use a web browser for the update?

No map update joy for:
    Smart phones
    Net books
    Unix
    Linux
    Android
    BSD
    . . .
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,138
    Superuser
    Hi @nulldevice

The latest range of devices don't need a PC of any sort to update as they connect to the Wifi directly. Tomtom have however covered those that don't have Wifi at home, maybe for medical reasons, so they have facilitated the ability to connect for Updates etc via a Wired PC with My Drive Connect software running but you don't manage the updating on the PC but on the PND itself the PC is only providing the connection to the internet..

Doug.