New maps v10.50 and v10.51 available for download — TomTom Community

New maps v10.50 and v10.51 available for download

VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,540 TomTom Moderator
edited June 23 in News and announcements
Hello All,

On Tuesday 26th of May 2020, we have released maps v10.50.

The new maps will be offered as a download for car, motorcycle, automotive, trucker and camper devices.

- Map of India has not been released (latest India map remains at version 10.40)
- There will be an additional map release for all maps that contain Mexico in the next month. This release will correct street name issues on the Mexico map v10.50. The map version will be 10.51.
- The Europe map for the UConnect (TP) has not been released, the latest map offered for this device is therefore Europe v10.47.

The announcement will be updated once that release is rolled out.

The maps for the GO Mobile Apps have been released 4th June 2020.

Edit: (22nd June 2020)

Additional maps released in order to fix some issues with streets names (at intersections some streets were showing the wrong name).
The map version will be 10.51.

The maps having v10.51 as the latest are-

Argentina_and_Uruguay
Latam
Latam_Camper
Latam_TRUCK
Mexico
United_States
United_States_2GB
USA_and_Mexico
USA_and_Mexico_1GB
USA_Canada
USA_Canada_1GB
USA_Canada_and_Mexico

Drive safe!

Regards, Vikram :)

e8u28j811ze4.png

Comments

• LepreLepre Posts: 62 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi VikramK,
    this morning I downloaded the new map V. 10.50 wi-fi 40 MB (fiber), more than 3 hours for download, while for the Tom Tom maps of my Peugeot with the same size 45 minutes with ethernet cable, I can't understand because when I download these maps everything is so slow.
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 44 [Outstanding Explorer]
    why will the GO Mobile update be on the 2nd of June? Can't it be on the 26th also?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,832 Superusers
    edited May 30
    Hi
    @Lepre
    Lepre wrote: »
    Hi VikramK,
    this morning I downloaded the new map V. 10.50 wi-fi 40 MB (fiber), more than 3 hours for download, while for the Tom Tom maps of my Peugeot with the same size 45 minutes with ethernet cable, I can't understand because when I download these maps everything is so slow.
    I'm using a Win10 PC hard-wired to the Router....
    Virgin Media Broadband 110 Mb/s

Updated the Full Europe map v1050 size 9GB+
    Obviously for me, updating the GO 6200 over USB with MyDrive connect running in the background is the Faster option than using Wi-Fi....
    NAV5 (Wi-Fi) Devices update on the fly i.e... No Download/Upload/Install

I'm happy with an 9GB+ Map update in 23Mins 24secs (Stopwatch)

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi®

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on the Your Wi-fi name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428
    Install and Run MyDrive Connect
    There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If your using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... (1) MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc....

27bxc59f2s23.png
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • CarloxCarlox Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi,today i retired my GO 400 and bought a professional 620,but the map update dosent work,the device comes with the 1015 version and dosent update.it says device updated,how can i resolve this?
    Hi
    @Carlox
    I guess at Tomtom its like everywhere else... The restrictions as a result of the Corona Virus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Accounts/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard... The Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check your account status....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Many thanks for the quick answer.looks like i have to use the map from 2018 (V.1015)
  • JHFEJHFE Posts: 38 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I just downloaded and installed this Map Update (Version 10.50) for the USA and Canada (without Buildings) (Size 7414 MB) on my GO 600 in 34 minutes. I did not have any problems. Of course, I do have 1 "Gig " (1000 MB) download "speed" when I am using my computer and I connected my GO 600 to my computer using a "cable."
    Hi [email protected] my problem is not with the net or the speed i have fiber and its very fast 500mb on speedtest,the problem is that my device says its updated but the map is a version with 22 months old it dosent update to V-1050 and i am a truck driver that works all over europe and this is very important in 2 years many things change
  • CJOCJO Posts: 24 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    When the moderators are in on Monday they will be able to get the system fixed at the back end.

Once this happens you should get a notification that updates/new maps are available to you. The new whole Europe map is about 9Gb so might take a little while to load.

it might be worth just selecting the map for the country that you are currently in first and get this installed and then install the whole Europe one later.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,540 TomTom Moderator
  • teampahoyoteampahoyo Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My older TomTom I was able to download the "Dairy Queen" file and as I drove across the USA it would give me a heads up if one was coming up. My new TomTom GPS 620 6" there's not a file I can find for it. Do I have to pay for this now?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,298 Superusers
    If you type 'Dairy Queen' in the Search field, what shows up? You can't download specific poi files (and associated bmp files) any more.
    edited July 9
    Hi
    @teampahoyo
    Welcome to the site....
    The POIFactory has the Dairy Queen Ov2 POI Files....
    You will have to subscribe to the site but the Dairy Queen POI files are free...
    Click Here... http://www.poi-factory.com/search/node/Dairy+queen

Installing 3rd party POI Categories... You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens → Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs.... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) → Settings → Appearance → Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon... Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here the Yellow Pentagon Icons → National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg
    Searching an installed 3rd party POI Category....
    The search engine is excellent you usually only need to type around three characters of the POI name for a hit...
    For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type Dud (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list)
    Tap on the offered Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

fvvl1hj389eu.jpg
    You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

o7rx4qycdyey.jpg
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range it's easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

An example of the generic Icons on the search screen, the Icons are dynamic so the closer you zoom more icons appear

j381fa0ut3qg.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited June 7
    Hello All

An update which was missed in the Announcement; the Europe map for the UConnect (Serial number starting -TP) device has not been released. The Latest map offered for this device is therefore the Europe 10.47.

Map v10.50 has been released for the GO Mobile apps.

I have updated the announcement above.

Thanks, Vikram
  • wrtmacttwrtmactt Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I sure wish the maps had larger fonts to make make it easier when driving. To see what I mean, compare the routing of an iPhone at the same time using Tomtom for the same route.
    Will another special update be around for the GO mobile app by mid June or July? My recent mapshare reports were not included. Only my reports from back to February 2020.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All,

On Tuesday 26th of May 2020, we have released maps v10.50.

The new maps will be offered as a download for car, motorcycle, automotive, trucker and camper devices.

- Map of India has not been released (latest India map remains at version 10.40)
    - There will be an additional map release for all maps that contain Mexico in the next month. This release will correct street name issues on the Mexico map v10.50. The map version will be 10.51.
    - The Europe map for the UConnect (TP) has not been released, the latest map offered for this device is therefore Europe v10.47.

The announcement will be updated once that release is rolled out.

The maps for the GO Mobile Apps have been released 4th June 2020.

Drive safe!

Regards, Vikram :)

e8u28j811ze4.png

Will 10.51 also include new roads to the GO mobile app?
    Hi @AndyG1714

No information on this yet, as I learn more I will update the thread.

Thanks, Vikram
    Hello All

An additional map v10.51 has been released. Please see the details under the edited section of the announcement above

Thank you, Vikram
  • Spiderbios69Spiderbios69 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Bonjour,

Mon gps tomrom go basic 5 ne me propose pas de mise à jour de cartes. Je suis bien connecté au wifi en fibre plus de 72mbps. J'ai été voir ma carte est très ancienne 1011 (mai 2018).
    Pourtant quand je vais dans mise à jour. Cela me dit que le gps est à jour. J'ai eu droit à une mise mapshare de 2,08 ko.

Merci de m'indiquer la marche à suivre en sachant qu'on ne peut pas mettre à jour sur un pc. Ça c'est franchement nul.
    edited July 9
    Hi
    @Spiderbios69
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, is probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to your Accounts/Devices....
    On Monday @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM