No camera alerts when no route planned - Page 2 — TomTom Community

No camera alerts when no route planned

2»

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,780 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @Cuzer

Firstly reading all the posts on this topic you will see that I get the camera alerts the no route has been set when using the Phone only and when it is connected to CarPlay.whereas for some reason it seems that LMK did not when using it in certain modes. He has a different iPhone to me and also he connects to CarPlay via Wifi whilst I connect via a Cable and USB. Todate I don't recall anyone else reporting the same issue and why he gets them in 3D mode but not 2D mode is odd..

So you can understand what has happened the App has the same facility as on the PND's in that you can set a route and if you wish click on an Icon that stops the direction instructions being broadcast. However if during the journey or when no route is set then you still get notifications of Cameras and if you have set it to Verbal instructions it can also tell you what type of camera.

Doug
  • CuzerCuzer Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    @DougLap thanks for the prompt response. I've not got the app yet so I'll download it and see if it works as required on my vehicle. I connect via bluetooth/wifi to Apple Car Play and I use an iphone 8 with BMW 2019 model software. I often drive without a route planned so the speed camera notification is paramount to me to be audiable with the app open but no route entered if that makes sense? I'll give it a go and see if I can get it to work
    Thanks again

Mark
    Hi @Cuzer

Same sort of vehicle as LMK but a different iPhone. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Doug
  • CuzerCuzer Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Well I've just tried it all be it on a short journey and I got two fixed camera notifications whilst no route was planned and the TomTom app was active via car play so maybe it does the job? I'll keep checking it, although 2 mile from my home the map was greyed out, I presume it's only downloaded certain areas of the map, I need to download the full UK from somewhere? I'll have a look tonight

Thanks

Hi @Cuzer

Tap menu
    Tap Maps
    Tap Europe
    Tap Great Britain and Ireland

You are now offered 4 maps that make the whole area up. You can download 1 if you wish. One file you will need if crossing water is involved is the Ferry Connection Europe. This covers such things as Dover Calais.

Doug