Own POI adding to GO Premium X in a list created by Tomtom — TomTom Community

Own POI adding to GO Premium X in a list created by Tomtom

Can I add my own points of interest to GO Premium X device in a list created by tomtom?
For example, our caravan club locations on the campsite list

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,738 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @MJH48

You cannot add your own POI’s to those listed by Tomtom. You can create your own POI file and add it to the Premium and if you wish display them on the map. However if you do display them on the map it will be with one of the 5 Generic icons provided by Tomtom.

Doug
  • MJH48MJH48 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    Annoyance, since I have dozens of different points of interest, it would be great if I could combine my own places and those created by Tomtom.
    Tomton has taken a step back in navigator capabilities by adding unnecessary features such as IFTTT integration.
    I would rather see an altimeter, for example.
    Creating and adding your own icons used to be one of Tomtom’s strengths
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,738 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @MJH48

Here is a link explaining how you can create a POI file of your My Places.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1703204/#Comment_1703204

Doug
  • MJH48MJH48 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 1
    POI files are not the problem, I have several hundred about 130 different categories, (in GO 950) POI icons are a problem.
    Only five icons are now availablein 130 categories
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,734 [Elite Vanguard]
    Hi
    @MJH48
    MJH48 wrote: »
    Can I add my own points of interest to GO Premium X device in a list created by tomtom?
    For example, our caravan club locations on the campsite list
    Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information
    You could place all of you Camping/Caravanning POI under the same Icom i.e... the Yellow Pentagon Icon

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Granted, on the latest devices, scrolling around the Map and tapping an Associated POI Icon is very limited.....
    But you can still install the POI categories for every Transport Company and depots that you need to drive too... I have 107 assorted Personal & 3rd party POI Categories installed on my devices... In truth I hardly use POI Icons and prefer the excellent search engine 'Quick search' you usually only need to type around three characters of the individual POI name for a hit...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1687518/#Comment_1687518

Stay Safe... ATB YFM