edit list in my places- go basic 60 — TomTom Community

edit list in my places- go basic 60

I would like to remove charging station from the list
On the device
I click edit list
The list of poi categories appears
I select charging stations,hide
Charging station options appear , I choose hide instead of icon
Nothing else happens and charging stations remains in My places list.
What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,565 Superuser
    Hello
    You're not doing anything wrong. Unfortunately, you can't remove the charging stations from "My Places". Only the symbols can be hidden, as you've already done.
  • MARTINARTHURKINGMARTINARTHURKING Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Lochfrass
    Does this apply to all models?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,742 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited May 31
    Hi
    @MARTINARTHURKING
    Thanks Lochfrass
    Does this apply to all models?
    'Yes' to all of the later NAV4 and latest NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices....

On the GO Basic device....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map....
    Scroll down to 'Charging Station'....
    Select...' Hide' or 'Show' as required
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing ' Hide' or 'Show' for the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right to exit the Settings Menus....
    (If 'Show' the POI Icon is selected)... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks yfm
    It was really to clear the clutter from the main menu
    I need to read/write to the device often in a short space of time so a nice clear menu is better than having to scroll down through long lists with the clock ticking
    Oh well....
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,745 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @MARTINARTHURKING

When this difficult period is over then I suggest that you could contact Customer Support and ask if they can remove the Charging Stations from your account and stop you getting Updates.

Otherwise as has been suggested Hide the POI file from the Map and don't bother loading the updates. You never know you may want the Station details at some time in the future.

Doug
    edited May 31
    Hi
    @MARTINARTHURKING
    When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces

Searching MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwitch
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi Again....
    Searching for an installed 3rd party POI Category using the Search Map....

The search engine is excellent you usually only need to type around three characters of the POI name for a hit...
    For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and Select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type Dud (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list)
    Tap on the offered Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

fvvl1hj389eu.jpg
    You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

o7rx4qycdyey.jpg
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range its easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

An example of the generic Icons on the search screen, the Icons are dynamic so the closer you zoom more icons appear

j381fa0ut3qg.jpg

You can also search for a Town (Area)...
    Edit... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Screen top right...

Tap Whole Map
    o0se6o5bh2n1.jpg
    Select....
    843m281xlw2f.jpg
    Below is a Search around the Town of Ludlow for the Archies Camping & Caravan POIs... The Icons are dynamic. the closer you zoom more icons appear

h9od09kbq9rb.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks yfm
    My point is that to get to poi categories to search from and the Marked locations facility to record new sites I had to scroll down through hundreds of favourites (previously Marked locations ) and other menu items.
    With CHB app I've got all these into the poi categories-no credit to Tom tom-

If I could have cleared charging stations as well it would have also helped a little more
    Being able to move the poi categories to the top of the list would be a forward step.

I just find it frustrating that Tom Tom is not new to making sat nav and seems to disregard it's users needs when the opportunity for enhancement is given.
    My start 60 was so quick and easy to use.
    edited June 1
    Hi
    @MARTINARTHURKING
    To Move a POI Category or POI Categories (Most Used) to the top of the POI list...
    Add an Underscore prefix to the POI Category name
    i.e... _National Trust
    The Underscore does not display on the SatNav it just moves the POI Category or POI Categories up the list....
    All of the POI's with the underscore prefix will be in a sub set at the top of the MyPlaces list... The sub set itself is sorted alphabetically

PS...
    The same applies to MyPlaces but the Underscore displays on the screen in the MyPlaces list

ATB YFM
    Arghh didn't think of that!!!
    Cheers