Go Premium X mounting options — TomTom Community

Go Premium X mounting options

Hello, I have a Go Premium X. Can I use it with the TT fixed installation dock kit? I already have a fixed satnav mount in my car which has four 3mm diameter holes at approx 29.5mm X 38mm centres. Can I fit the TomTom fixed installation dock kit to it for use with my Go Premium X?
Many thanks,
Sparky2019

Best Answers

• oldie75oldie75 Posts: 26 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, As I don't even have the strength of our pussycat, I have, instead decided to obtain a custom made mount for the Premium X from the company who made the original mount for my old Nissan Micra. It's not cheap but I don't want to risk damaging the satnav. As all this is to enable me to listen to the navigation instructions on my hearing aids without disturbing my passengers (Wife, etc.) I am going to adopt a previous suggestion of yours to add a microphone and microphone preamp near the satnav loudspeaker and use my existing home made induction loop amplifier to hear the navigation instructions on my aids. Why oh why didn't TomTom add an audio out socket or Bluetooth navigation instruction transmission facility on this satnav? Some of your competitors' do on theirs!
    Accepted Answer
    I believe you suggested this device before. I think it would work OK, but when I looked before it was out of stock, but it is back now. I'll have another look, thanks.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,751 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited May 29
    Hi
    @oldie75

Does the fixed mount have a Ball attachment ???
    The Go Premium X Mount has a 16mm diameter socket....

bypjdf6so9ii.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hello, YFM, Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. No, all the dash attachment has are four 3mm diameter holes at 29.5mm X 38mm centres. I already have a number of different sized ball mounts with those fixing centres, but none are 16mm. I am sure I can get one , but have not yet tried to remove the suction mount attachment which fits into the back of the existing satnav mounting/connector. How can I separate the existing suction mount ball from the existing satnav mounting/connector. It is very very stiff to move (intentionally) and I don't want to break it! Or can I fit the TomTom fixed installation dock kit to my existing dash attachment for use with my Go Premium X?
    Cheers, oldie75
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, As I don't even have the strength of our pussycat, I have, instead decided to obtain a custom made mount for the Premium X from the company who made the original mount for my old Nissan Micra. It's not cheap but I don't want to risk damaging the satnav. As all this is to enable me to listen to the navigation instructions on my hearing aids without disturbing my passengers (Wife, etc.) I am going to adopt a previous suggestion of yours to add a microphone and microphone preamp near the satnav loudspeaker and use my existing home made induction loop amplifier to hear the navigation instructions on my aids. Why oh why didn't TomTom add an audio out socket or Bluetooth navigation instruction transmission facility on this satnav? Some of your competitors' do on theirs!
    Accepted Answer
    I believe you suggested this device before. I think it would work OK, but when I looked before it was out of stock, but it is back now. I'll have another look, thanks.