TomTom 400 does not connect to MY Drive App. — TomTom Community

TomTom 400 does not connect to MY Drive App.

KruzenKruzen Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
I have paired the my IPhone 11to my rider 400 but when it trys to connect to MyDriv app, the app states, Connection Error Try again. I even removed my IPhone from the 400, then reconnected to IPhone Blue tooth it pared fine, but when it trys to connect to Mydrive App it states, "Connection Error try again.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,655
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @Kruzen
    Welcome to the site...
    There's a problem with the Bluetooth connections, if you use iOS 13 + The MyDrive App
    User jures has suggested a Workaround....
    jures wrote: »
    (Snip) Workaround....
    Delete app
    Delete phone in BT in GPS
    Delete GPS in BT of phone
    then
    pair phone and GPS over BT - just simple way without App
    then install App, sign to MyDrive
    DO NOT PAIR ANYTHING over App
    when turning on iPhones Hotspot the GPS will have connectivity to MyDrive and traffic!
    Make sure you have password for phones WIFI hotspot and that GPS is not paired with this phones hotspot - you DO NOT NEED WIFI hotspot just BT

This way you are able to use GPS on road with traffic and will have connectivity to MyDrive. This means you can still use MyDrive App for routing making routes, sending destinations to GPS etc

ALL WILL WORK CONTINUOUSLY EXCEPT SMART FEATURES - but who cares, we do not need that on motorcycle.

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • KruzenKruzen Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you but what a pain. Is it because of the IOS or TomTom App?

Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,655
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Kruzen
    Kruzen wrote: »
    Thank you but what a pain. Is it because of the IOS or TomTom App?
    Thanks
    If you enter 'iOS 13' in the Search Box on the Header for this page you will find a couple of posts on iOS 13... You can make up your own mind who is at fault...

But My Rider 550 + iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.7 (Final iOS version) is working perfectly....

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • KruzenKruzen Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I did noticed before I updated my IPhone IOS that while riding the GPS would loose connection and reconnect and the cycle would continue. I ride with a Group and really don’t use it much.