Latest update (2.2.1) — TomTom Community

Latest update (2.2.1)

JohnHyJohnHy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
After the update the app tells me I have no active subscription. This was renewed 8 May 2020. Is this just me? Or is there something terribly wrong with this update?

Comments

• 53625362 Posts: 144 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Whilst my subscription shows as active on the app and in my iTunes I’m unable to manage it from the app. When I try to do so the page opens up basically saying that the page is not found. This is since the latest update
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,802 Superuser
    Hi @5362

I don't think you cannot renew a subscription until within 7 days of the previous sub expiring.

I am waiting to see what happens with my renewal as I paid for a years renewal the other day. The app is still showing that it expires Monday and the Purchase says I have a free month then a years subscription. Pressing Manage brings up some text but nothing else.

Doug
  • JohnHyJohnHy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Whilst trying to unravel this mystery, I have discovered that re-downloading v2.2.1 of the App to an old iPhone 6 plus (running iOS 12.4.7), and to an old iPad (also running iOS 12.4.7) the App works absolutely normally! Both devices show I have an active subscription! It is only on my newer iPhone 8+ (running the latest iOS 13.5) that I have this issue with the App telling me my subscription has expired, and refuses to work. I'm left wondering if iOS13.5 may turn out to be the culprit? See https://bgr.com/2020/05/25/ios-13-5-bugs-iphone-ipad-app-updates/
    FWIW "Offloading" doesn't work for me!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,817 Superusers
    Hi
    @JohnHy
    The same here...

ncoytu9q5vlw.jpg

71pjd6dbu165.png

kv81zblx2qpo.png

e81fbt3y2xbt.jpg

e3nbykjn4bq1.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • JohnHyJohnHy Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Apple yesterday released a software update to iOS 13.5. Information on precisely what it is supposed to fix have not been made clear. Rumour has it, that it mainly fixes a bug that allowed a device running iOS 13.5 to be "jail broken".
    Ever the optimist, I updated my iPhone 8 plus with this release and it has made...
    ...no difference whatsoever to the Tomtom GO issue I am experiencing. I am still getting the message that I cannot restore the purchase, because "...you must be signed in with the Apple ID that was used to purchase the app."
    As mentioned previously, my old iPhone 6 plus and an older iPad - both running iOS 12.4.7 are both running v2.2.1 of the Tomtom app, telling me my subscription is active. I am signed into both of these older devices with the same Apple ID.
    I suspect we have the usual situation where Apple will blame Tomtom, and of course, Tomtom will blame Apple.
    In the meantime I still have a completely non-functioning Tomtom app, with all my previously used data unavailable on my current iPhone.