New A14 Huntingdon Southern Bypass Open, on map but not routed? - Page 3 — TomTom Community

New A14 Huntingdon Southern Bypass Open, on map but not routed?

13»

Comments

• tonygrtonygr Posts: 78 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited April 2020
    @YamFazMan
    I am sure you are right. However the real issue now is to get TT to acknowledge they have created a problem in their map and put it right urgently, issue an interim update, as they did with the POI addresses issue, and perhaps even apologise. Unfortunately I think it is a case of pigs might fly particularly as they are based in the Netherlands and see the UK as a troublesome bit of island off the coast of Europe.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,145
    Superuser
    Hi

This problem really needs to be resolved as soon as possible as this section of road is one of the most important in the country with connections to the A1 and M11 and its access via the A14 to the M1 and M6. This section is normally, except just at this moment because of Corvid19, a constantly busy trunk road for heavy goods vehicles as well as cars hence after years of waiting the road works that have been done will be welcomed.

Doug
  • tron98tron98 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Thanks for providing the requested information. Let me assure you that this problem has the required attention from the concerned team.

Just to gather your opinion on this; I wanted to know if a correction like this will solve the routing bug-

Below are two images of the routes and how it will look after the correction.

q7agtkc6plpm.png

q3k0a1nz2n2w.png

I look forward to hearing from you:)

Thanks again
    Vikram :)

Hi VikramK,

We have all left information regarding your post, Could you come back to use to tell us how this is going to be fixed please.
    edited May 2020
    Well I guess its a secret!
    I have a bad feeling that the next time we hear anything , the fix will be included in the next map release and not before. And by then the road will be fully open by months.
  • AJBLoweAJBLowe Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    We’ll all day I’ve used the whole of the A14’s new section, in both directions (I’m a delivery driver, I have no choice) and all 3 lanes in both directions are now open, no 40mph limit, no roadworks, no 3 lanes into 1, it was an absolute dream. Used my TomTom, guess what, going East it still told be to come off a nice clear 3 lane motorway at Godmanchester and use the A1198 and A428 instead, I ignored that and lo and behold it still didn’t recognise any road from juct 23 to 31, asking me to ‘do a sharp right’ on a 3 lane motorway with cars hurtling past at 70mph, again I ignored it. This new road must belong in another universe, it certainly doesn’t belong in TomToms universe.
    A quote from the article linked above
    "A stretch of the 21 mile scheme – a new 12 mile bypass south of Huntingdon - was opened in December 2019, a year early. Already, the bypass has been used to make almost 12 million journeys."

12 million journeys and TomTom have still not got the map sorted. This sort of error (a missing few yards of road) should not be left for a routine quarterly update when problems with language on POIs were addressed with an interim update.
    Just downloaded the latest quarterly update and it seems to be working correctly. :)

Just a pity it took so long
    edited May 2020
    tonygr wrote: »
    Just downloaded the latest quarterly update and it seems to be working correctly. :)

Just a pity it took so long

Thanks, for the update!

I thought that would happen like that (on a new map update as they messed up) . Why could they have not kept us informed, and told us, rather that just saying nouthing , thats just poor service.
  • timmystimmys Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited May 2020
    It does not fix the issue that I have been banging on about in this thread. At junction 30 it still tries to get you to join the southbound A14 in a way that is not possible. Compare TomTom to Google. The no entry sign on Google maps is a road that has not existed for about 6 months. TomTom continue to only have it as no-entry in only one direction.

Total joke.

Wrong
    irespug6u02h.jpg

Right
    umo2evhd07an.jpg

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,302
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    A14... Map V1050 West --> East... 👍

um8rrcs605nf.jpg

A14... Map V1050 East --> West... 👍

5xgrdrg7498x.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Superusers
    Hi
    @timmys
    +1... There is definitely appears to be problem accessing the A14 from Dry Drayton Road....
    But as a temporary fix... If you add Stop on the exit side of the Traffic Island you can force the correct route

db97rvv71eop.jpg

jvj6h0orrs47.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • timmystimmys Posts: 21 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Unfortunately me adding a waypoint is not a fix as I don't know if that is the way I need to go or not under the current traffic conditions.
    I don't use the TomTom to guide me home by a route of my choosing. I use the Tomtom to tell me the quickest route in the current conditions. If it can't do that then I might as well just be using a paper map.
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 99 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    There is still an issue with the navigation on the iPhone app. The map looks OK but travelling from East to West it took me miles out of my way when I was trying to get to Huntingdon. At one stage it said I had 8 miles to go but it was going to take me 48 minutes or some such nonsense. It looks like the navigation runs Huntingdon is completely messed up with the new road & old roads being closed.
    ust added the software update and because I haven't used the sat nav for ages because of Covid19 I thought I would check the route to Cambridge from Scunthorpe. It is still routing on the original A14 over the flyover at Huntingdon which is now being demolished.
    When will my Go Basic catch up with the actuality?????
    Perhaps those responsible for keeping the maps up to date might like to read this article
    https://highwaysengland.co.uk/our-work/a14-cambridge-to-huntingdon/news-archive/britain-s-biggest-road-project-opens-to-traffic-eight-months-early/

It is worth noting that the route planner in TomTom MyDrive gets it right
    Problem solved.

Did a complete reset and it is working as it should using the new A14. Just have to re-personalise the settings having synchronised with MyDrive to get my places and routes.
    Why a reset should solve it I do not know, clearly it must have had a glitch locked in.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @tonygr
    Cambridge from Scunthorpe OK along the new A14 here...
    Are you using the latest v1055 Maps ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Yep latest map but as I said above a reset of the SatNav seems to have sorted it