Tomtom 6250 with Lifetime maps does not give to update them — TomTom Community

Tomtom 6250 with Lifetime maps does not give to update them

qkapishqkapish Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hello,

Just bought tomtom 6250 with lifetime services, but maps does not work. It wants me to buy them.
Any solutions to the problem?

8h2ajygstc3g.png
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,799 Superuser
    Hi @qkapish

The current situation and people working from home seems to have resulted in some new units not getting set up straight away on the TT Servers. Try a Soft Reset ie Turn the unit on and when ready hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

Now try and and update the device using Wifi only. You only need the PC with My Drive Connect running if you have no Wifi or the Wifi is slowish.

Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up on Monday and sort your account if necessary so have a look back then.

If when you turn your unit on it says No Map then look at the following

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1041654/no-maps-available-wi-fi-devices#latest

Doug

• qkapishqkapish Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hey,

I don't know it just sorted itself, or maybe @VikramK found my DM and sorted it. Cuz today it just showed I have lifetime maps and updating right now to the newest map! :)

Thanks for the help!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,799 Superuser
    Hi @qkapish

Glad you are sorted. If @VikramK has done it he has in his own time working from home.

Doug
  • RybacbrRybacbr Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi
    I have same problem with lifetime maps :'(
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,540 TomTom Moderator
    @Rybacbr

Fixed :)
  • RybacbrRybacbr Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    @Rybacbr

Fixed :)

Thanks