Why is it for fitness points you get penalised if you don't run and go to the gym — TomTom Community

Why is it for fitness points you get penalised if you don't run and go to the gym

pfleming67pfleming67 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Resistant weights and using your own body weight is essential to building a healthy heart and is a must for anyone over the age of 50. Medical studies have shown that over 50's that just run or walk loose up to 10% of their muscle mass per year if the don't do some form of resistance weights.
Ive been using the adventurer for a few years now and any time i keep running like a hare my fitness age goes way down but my body feels soft and out of shape.
Usually I try and mix between the running and weights in a week. But I get penalized on fitness points for using weights.
Dont understand why TomTom have gone down this road of running running

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,189
    Superusers
    This is not TT issue, it is a technology and data limitation. Fitness points are based on your VO2Max which is only calculatable when running and cycling using standard scientific tables. I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. Ultimately, I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.
  • pfleming67pfleming67 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Still confusing for users and would be best if Tom Tom clarified and never used the term fitness age
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,189
    Superusers
    pfleming67 wrote: »
    Still confusing for users and would be best if Tom Tom clarified and never used the term fitness age

Since TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago and discontinued all products they are not likely to be clarifying anything.