Adding mobile camera hotspot — TomTom Community

Adding mobile camera hotspot

Can I add a mobile camera hotspot to my camper by finding the location on a map or only by actually being there?

Best Answer

• Ovalball03Ovalball03 Posts: 296 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    Yes that was me Doug.First run out for 7 weeks and collected a ticket.So disappointed for not realising.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,589
    Superuser
    Hi Ovalball103

I am not sure but I think you have to be there as I think they disappear after a period of time on the basis that the mobile ones will move on. I think the idea is that if you flag it then the TT devices of others get the warning as a result until it is dropped from the system. It may be though, as I have been warned of Mobile cameras in the same place locally, that if they are advised frequently in the same place then they become a more permanent warning.

Doug
    Hi Doug
    Thanks for your reply.The one I’m referring to is in the village of Beeford in East Yorkshire on the A165 Hull to Bridlington road.It goes from 60 to 30 and is just a cash cow for the Humberside police.There is absolutely no good reason for this to be a 30 as it is on a country road and what few houses there are are set a long way back from the road.I got my first ever ticket there last weekend and I was the only vehicle on the road and the sneaky copper hid himself so just his camera was poking out🤬
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,589
    Superuser
    Hi @Ovalball03

Sorry to hear about the ticket. You were not taking your Van for a run were you or is that the other Ovalball. B)B)
    Accepted Answer
    Yes that was me Doug.First run out for 7 weeks and collected a ticket.So disappointed for not realising.