Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13 - Page 16 — TomTom Community

Bluetooth connectivity issues for Wi-Fi devices and iOS 13

Comments

• aliasGEBaliasGEB Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    But your MyApp is working?? I mean is it your TT recognized from the App after you turn off TT o iPhone a couple of time?? I believe not.. so the issue is exactly the same for all of us..
    Ciao
  • GirazGiraz Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Yesterday I was able to go through stand by/wake up of the TT many times, having MyDrive app open in smartphone, and every time, after about 20-30 seconds, bt connection was fine and traffic service too.
    edited April 5
    thx.. but if you have a look at MyApp and your TT is turned ON.. it is recognized from MyAPP?? is it on black on the right up on your display in MyAPP?? or it is not in range and grey??
    If it is grey...MyApp it is not works anymore and the phone connection too

Ciao
    Yes, the TT was recognized by app, I posted the screenshot that you see when you tap that icon, saying that the TT was in range.

But, new update: I resetted bt pairing, reinstalled the app, did everything from scratch, and now... it doesn’t work anymore!
    It just work after the pairing, than no more success.
    Sometimes it connect for few seconds, and then it disconnects... so, I’m in the same situation of all you guys... :s

edited April 5
    So sorry for you guy.. but it seem we all are in trouble and TT doesn't works to solve it!!
    We will move to Phone app probably due to GPS device are not anymore interesting for the majority of customers. Bike is more electronic and in TFT they could easily integrate any kind of Navigator.. Google. TomTom. Garmin etc etc.. so devices are in a definitely dead way... sorry for us as customers but Rider will be probably dismissed soon.
    Lamps
    I still believe that a dedicated hardware is more reliable than a mobile phone, specially during long trip in critical conditions.
    I still hope that TT will fix this issue.

Ps: I saw that also Garmin has issues with Zumo and iOS 13..
  • juresjures Posts: 73 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited April 6
    Giraz wrote: »
    Yes, the TT was recognized by app, I posted the screenshot that you see when you tap that icon, saying that the TT was in range.

But, new update: I resetted bt pairing, reinstalled the app, did everything from scratch, and now... it doesn’t work anymore!
    It just work after the pairing, than no more success.
    Sometimes it connect for few seconds, and then it disconnects... so, I’m in the same situation of all you guys... :s

Giraz this is no surprize because the SW version on GPS and app are still same from Octobre 2019 when we detected the problem, so there cannot be excemptions :(

But do the workaround
    Delete app
    Delete phone in BT in GPS
    Delete GPS in BT of phone
    then
    pair phone and GPS over BT - just simple way without app
    then install app, sign to mydrive
    DO NOT PAIR ANYTHING over app
    when turning on iphones Hotspot the GPS will have connectivity to Mydrive and traffic!
    Make sure you have password for phones wifi hotspot and that GPS is not paired with this phones hotspot - you DO NOT NEED WIFI hotspot just BT

This way you are able to use GPS on road with traffic and will have connectivity to mydrive. This means you can still use mydriveapp for routing making routes, sending destinations to gps etc

ALL WILL WORK CONTINIUSLY EXCEPT SMART FEATURES - but who cares, we do not need that on motorcycle.
    Yes @jures, that is exactly what I did after discovering that with the app id didn't work anymore. I think this is fine for my needs, because I have also the phone on a stand on the handlebar.

Two considerations:
    1. It's a shame that TT don't resolve this
    2. I still don't know why it worked for some time to me (and I'm sure about this, I did a lot of tests and you can see screenshots on my old post, with everything up and running, also after many stand by/wake up)

Anyway, I hope that without smart capabilities, maybe also background alerts will work better on intercom.
    Giraz wrote: »
    Yes @jures, that is exactly what I did after discovering that with the app id didn't work anymore. I think this is fine for my needs, because I have also the phone on a stand on the handlebar.

Two considerations:
    1. It's a shame that TT don't resolve this
    2. I still don't know why it worked for some time to me (and I'm sure about this, I did a lot of tests and you can see screenshots on my old post, with everything up and running, also after many stand by/wake up)

Anyway, I hope that without smart capabilities, maybe also background alerts will work better on intercom.
    Its random. If I go an pair I can have it also working, but after 5 min or 2 restarts its gone
    edited April 7

ALL WILL WORK CONTINIUSLY EXCEPT SMART FEATURES - but who cares, we do not need that on motorcycle.

Yes we do not need smart functions but a Call management should be appreciate.. all of us need to call and answer from our phone while driving and I get Rider 550 jus for it!!
    aliasGEB wrote: »

Yes we do not need smart functions but a Call management should be appreciate.. all of us need to call and answer from our phone while driving and I get Rider 550 jus for it!!

Where is the problem? You sync your phone with headset in helmet directly and answer with a press of button.
    You are right for answers .. but for calls you need to stop, take a phone , looking for a contact and finally start a call... not what I need.. if I need to call I want to call directly saying "siri" call my office, my sister, my son etc etc...
    have a phone on handlebar is not a solution... you need to act driving.. not safe for me!!

It was normal call handsfree with Garmin I had but I was hating the graphic and software so I moved to TT and.. surprise!!!!! it doesn't works... so thinking to go back at Garmin and appreciate it!!! no way!!!
    You are right for answers .. but for calls you need to stop, take a phone , looking for a contact and finally start a call... not what I need.. if I need to call I want to call directly saying "siri" call my office, my sister, my son etc etc...
    have a phone on handlebar is not a solution... you need to act driving.. not safe for me!!

It was normal call handsfree with Garmin I had but I was hating the graphic and software so I moved to TT and.. surprise!!!!! it doesn't works... so thinking to go back at Garmin and appreciate it!!! no way!!!
    Well I do all as you say by pressing a button for 3 sec on my helmet to activate Siri and then give command.
    I have Schubert C4 Pro but all BT headsets support SIRI - look it up, it works perfectly.
    I make calls and answer regardles of gps device. GPS was never a pre-condition for call management, as you pair your phone with helmet independently. Inplay music from phone to helmet also and use helmet buttons for next, volume....etc
    Beside that I pair headset and gps to have gps commamds in helmet and pair phone and gps for traffic.
    Rider 550 has special feature to do that ad2p.

I have all the features I need except tomtom smart features which are useless.

I also habe Garmin and there are no errors, smart features work but never used. Its safer to use helmet commands then use hands on dash
    My BT headset is not working as yours.. I can answer incoming call waiting 2 rings.. I can refuse call pressing button before second ring.. I can't use SIRI due to if press button for 3 sec it starts playing Music and not Siri... :anguished:
    This is the reason I get TT due to it was managing calls too.. incoming and aoutcoming.. and it works well before iOS13... that the reason I'm so upset

Lamps
    My BT headset is not working as yours.. I can answer incoming call waiting 2 rings.. I can refuse call pressing button before second ring.. I can't use SIRI due to if press button for 3 sec it starts playing Music and not Siri... :anguished:
    This is the reason I get TT due to it was managing calls too.. incoming and aoutcoming.. and it works well before iOS13... that the reason I'm so upset

Lamps
    I think you could set it up, try.
  • PetervanderMeerPetervanderMeer Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Same problems overhere with connection loses via bluetooth. I have brand net IOS 13.4 on Iphone11 and a brand new TomTom Rider 550 (bought previous week).
    Connected by bluetooth is sometimes working and sometimes not. Regularly disconnection 1 of the 2 bluetooth channels. Too bad after spending too much money on these gadgets.
  • johnsondvrjohnsondvr Posts: 23 [Master Explorer]
    I agree it is very frustrating but do use @jures workaround. It certainly gives you the traffic and access to MyDrive whilst we continue to wait, and wait and wait some more!
    Frustrating is that after months they are still selling TT550 & 500 as fully compatible with iOS and with functions they really haven't anymore!
    that is really something make me upset
    By the way, yesterday Apple released iOS 13.5. Did someone tested if the issue is still here?
    Not sure I want to reset everything as @Jures workaround suits me for the moment. Might summon some enthusiasm at some point. We will see..
  • Luigimita82Luigimita82 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 23
    no news with iOS 13.5...i have try my Rider 550 with iPhone XS Max and the problems are the same!!!! Incredible.... mydrive app hasn't been updated for a long time!

TomTom, but what happens?
    Yes. I tried with my Rider 550 and iPhone XS and found the same. Problem does appear to be the MyDrive App as it keeps locking up.
  • FrenchFriesFrenchFries Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same here, all updates installed and still the issues. I am growing very frustrated!
  • Alain_VAlain_V Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Recently bought a new TomTom rider 550. This requires this app to display phone calls and notifications. However, the TomTom keeps losing connection with the iPhone 11. Tomtom, please solve this problem! This will cost customers !!!!
  • IburainIburain Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited May 31
    TomTom, are you reading this? Just switched from Android to iPhone, had issues and now find that this **** is known since last year. What’s going on? I’ll reactivate the Android for travels but hey know what: that’s definitely the last TomTom if it’s not solved by end of June.

Update, 10 min later: Guys, maybe someone else mentioned it and I overread it, then: sorry.
    But: it works now!

>>You have to enable bluetooth tethering in iOS. Go to mobile data, personal hotspot, allow others to join. Bluetooth devices (like TomTom) will be now able to access the servers.

This procedure was already necessary on one Android device, there I used a autotethering app. Sad that the MyDrive-App doesn't say anything about that.

PPS:
    For those interested:
    TomTom device <-> bluetooth <-> www
    MyDrive <-> bluetooth <-> TomTom
    If you allow MyDrive to connect to Internet, it doesn't imply you allow your TomTom device to do so. The App is obsulte for using the device. It's two different parallel pathways of information exchange via bluetooth.