How to I update Go Premium to Europe 10.47 ? — TomTom Community

How to I update Go Premium to Europe 10.47 ?

I keep getting "Oops something went wrong". The Tomtom chat team can't fix it and I have been told to wait until tomorrow whilst they contact the "second line team", which is not hugely convenient, tomorrow being a busy day for me, compared to today.
I have reset the device, same problem, same error message. So it is showing as update needed, but the updating fails.
All help gratefully received !

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,045
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Orwell1

If I have a problem with myDrive Connect... instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1696115/#Comment_1696115
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• Orwell1Orwell1 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks @YamFazMan

I probably should have said, the device updates directly from WiFi and despite deleting the folders you recommend and resetting the MyDrive Connect prefs as suggested, I still cannot update via the Mac, only directly over WiFi from the device and that continues to fail.

Any ideas on how to fix it ?

😊
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,045
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Orwell1
    How Good/Bad/Indifferent is is your Wi-Fi speed and signal strenth....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi®

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on the Your Wi-fi name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428
    Install and Run MyDrive Connect
    There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If your using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... (1) MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc....

27bxc59f2s23.png
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

ATB YFM
    Thanks for your continuing advice which is much appreciated. I did this and it's an excellent connection, 72Mbps. On a Mac, when I try to close the MyDrive Connect window, the application quits.
    The 2nd line TomTom team suggested that I recover the device. I did that and it has made no difference.
    I'm really puzzled !
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,648
    Superuser
    Hi @Orwell1

On my MacBook Pro I can tap the middle Orange Dot , between the Red and Green ones, and My Drive Connect drops to the bottom right.

Doug
    Thanks Doug

I'll see if that works.
    Problem solved. It was the MicroSD card. I think that somehow had a corrupted Europe map and after a fair amount of backwards and forwards with the chat team and the second line team, one of the latter suggested removing the card and that stopped the error messages. I reformatted the card outside the Go Premium (which wiped it) so that when it went back in, it was reformatted for the device, and then all was well.

Quite a saga.