Sync MyDrive to TomTom Go App iphone — TomTom Community

Sync MyDrive to TomTom Go App iphone

I cannot seem to fathom how after creating a nice winding route on MyDrive on my Mac it goes into the TomTom app? I’ve selected sync on. The reason I paid for the subscription was so I could use the MyDrive features on Mac (enjoying the process) seamlessly sync to the app and ride. Can someone please help?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    HI @Ross77

Welcome to the Community! With the GO Navigation App, you can't sync the routes from MyDrive to the app but you can only sync your 'My Places' locations from MyDrive for now.

Regard, lampard
  • Ross77Ross77 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Who thought that was a good idea. I don’t get it. So I bought it on the basis I can use MyDrive to plan my routes and then sync to my iPhone app. Why’s it so hard? Surely this is core functionality. If it’s not going to be introduced back soon the assume I’m entitled to a refund as it’s virtually miss-selling.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,584
    Superuser
    Hi @Ross77

Note @lampard 's last two words FOR NOW. I hope it does become an option in the IOS app as historically I don't think it has ever been available as maybe Apple would not allow. Until the recent map change you could on the Android version of the App so obviously something Tomtom want to do..

Doug
  • Ross77Ross77 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Is there anyway of importing it into the app even if it’s not a neat sync by saving as an output format from MyDrive. Just seems like such a big omission. The only ways it’s really useable is as a simple point to point sat nav then which I could have used Waze for free or google maps. The thing that made me want to purchase this was the more advanced route mapping features.
    Superuser
    Hi @Ross77

There is no other way. Its a wait and see and hope it can be added to the Apps.

Doug
  • Road_PalRoad_Pal Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    They should have enabled to use add route manually if sync does not work. i do not know some kml or gpx file....but until u figure out the way this should have been enabled.

TomTom GO Android
  • spokiespokie Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    This has been going on for 2 years, tomtom. Your customers have been asking about this for 2 years and you still have not done anything about it other designing excuses. Sygic and Garmin can do this. Creating routes that you cannot navigate is ridiculous, people are not going to buy additional devices if the have a smart phone. I for one will rather support a business who understands what their customers requires than one who forces them to buy other devices. I've been using tomtom on my mobile for more than 10 years... this is too ridiculous to comprehend.
    Superuser
    Hi @spokie

According to your Profile you have an iPhone so I assume you are talking about the IOS Go Navigation App or its predecessor GO Mobile. If that is correct then Syncing of Routes from My Drive to the IOS Apps has never been available..

As In the past, but not just at the moment on the latest Android version TT have facilitated the syncing of Routes to the Android App it would therefore seem that it is something that Tomtom want to offer.. Have you considered that up to now Apple have not facilitated the option so that Tomtom can offer it. TT's IOS App works on CarPlay but the TT Android Apps don't. work with Android Auto maybe because Google don't let them as I think the only Nav Apps in Android Auto are Google and Waze.

Doug
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi Ross77
    I recently posted this request and apparently its will be available latter this year. The ability to save a route within the app iOS would be a great start. However I agree that designing a route on a computer (large screen) and being able to sync that route to app would make the tomtom app shine above the rest. In the meantime the only way I have achieved this is to make your route using waypoints and save these to MyPlaces. Then recreate the route on your phone by adding the saved waypoints in MyPlaces to the route.