How to get Phone App to sync/Update with MyDrive PC browser? — TomTom Community

How to get Phone App to sync/Update with MyDrive PC browser?

Hi all,
I am new to using this app. I have the app on my Android phone. I have an active subscription via Google play. I created an account with TomTom. I have the sharing/TomTom Services turned on in the App settings. I go online on my PC to TomTom Mydrive website, and log in with same account. I edit and make/save and name a Route. However when I check on phone app, it's not there? Is there a certain amount of time it takes for this to update via the account? How Do i get these to Sync up? I am confused, Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,747 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @WarNC

If you have the latest Nav App then at the moment Routes do not Sync from My Drive to the App.

The latest version of the Nav App has a different Map set to those in My Drive and so they are not compatible. TomTom have said they are working on thi and hope to get the Sync Facility sorted.

Doug
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi - sorry if this is a stupid question but have you logged into your TomTom account inside the MyDrive app itself?

Open the App, click the three dots at the top left of the screen, select TomTom account and login with the same credentials that you use on the TomTom Website.

Once the app knows which account it is accessing, anything you create via the web should be instantaneously visible via the app.

Hope this helps
  • WarNCWarNC Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited May 20
    @Rob_R I am using TomTom GPS Navigation App on my Phone. Maybe I am wrong, but I assume Mydrive and GO Navigation accounts were the same? From reading @DougLap 's response, this is not possible?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,747 [Elite Voyager]
    edited May 20
    Hi @WarNC

Re your comment you log into the same account on both the Go Nav App and the My Drive App and My Drive on your PC. Th e situation is currently the different maps sets they use are not compatible. If you had a PND unit then any route you created in the MyDrive App or on the PC and asked to be synced with your unit would be synced to the My Routes folders on the PNDs.

Doug
  • WarNCWarNC Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    @DougLap So basically any Route I want to plan, I will have to do directly through the Phone App itself?