Sub not working. — TomTom Community

Sub not working.

Bobajob84Bobajob84 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
This will get confusing but bare with me.

I have 2 android/google accounts, my main and my 2nd.

I installed GO Navigation v2.0.7 on my main, bought 6 months sub for 8.99 with paypal using the same email as my main google account.

I left the app to update it to v2.1.0 went back into the app, signed in and no subscriptions.

If i go into the play store and check subscriptions theres none in my main account but my 2nd account has a 6 month sub

So i uninstalled the app, went into the play store with my 2nd account, installed GO Navigation v2.1.0 and logged in under my only tomtom account which has same email as my main google account and no subs.

I even made a new tomtom account with the same email address as my 2nd google account and obviously no sub.

I've tried to refund it but jesus they dont make anything easy to get your money back

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,641 TomTom Moderator
    edited May 15
    Hi @Bobajob84

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the inconvenience! Which phone model you're using? We've seen some reports wherein the App doesn't recognize the subscription after renewal and this issue is under investigation. I'll post back here once there's an update.

With the GO navigation App, subscriptions are handled by Google and any refund related queries should go to Gooogle only.

Regards, lampard
  • Bobajob84Bobajob84 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply.

I have opened a dispute for the refund.

I'm using a Huawei P30 Pro EMUI 10 Andriod 10, I would like to buy the 6 month's but don't really want to order it again incase th same problem occurs
    Hello @Bobajob84 again,

We are still investigating all possible scenarios but it seems like a very rare issue and if you wish, would you like to try the following workaround? This happens when the play store app doesn't report that there are purchases and this can have multiple reasons (most likely because you have multiple Google accounts on your phone). Please let me know if the below steps helped:
    • Uninstall TomTom app
    • In a BROWSER on your desktop: Log in to the web interface of Google Play with the account you used to purchase
    • Install TomTom app from the web interface to your device

Don't let it open the Playstore app, but use the install button and choose your device in the browser.

Best, lampard
    I uninstalled the app.

I used the site under my main account and downloaded the app to my Huawei P30 Pro, It downloaded v2.1.0 and i logged in with both accounts and no active purchases.

I uninstalled the app again and used the website under my 2nd account but this time it downloaded v1.18.1 to my Huawei P30 Pro and again logged in under both accounts and no active purchases, I did update it after trying to login and it updated to v2.1.0 but still made no difference

On the play store website under my 2nd account i can see active purchases
    TomTom GPS Navigation - Live Traffic Alerts & Maps (6-Month Subscription (TomTom GPS Navigation - Traffic Alerts & Maps))
    Thanks, @Bobajob84! I'll forward this to my team.

Best, lampard
    Ummmm so is that support finished? Cause getting a refund is very difficult
    Hi @Bobajob84

We are still investigating the impact and are in contact with Google. Subscription shouldn't have landed on 2nd account as this one doesn't have access to the new app apparently (due to staged roll-out). I've sent you a PM, please check your inbox.

Regards, lampard