spark 3 : display malfunction — TomTom Community

spark 3 : display malfunction

piolopiolo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
spark 3 : the diplay of my spark 3, 2 years old, has gone mad, it starts to flicker and becomes impossible to use. is there a solution to the problem?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,637 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @piolo

Welcome to the Community! Please make a factory reset on your watch using Sports Connect software and see if this helps with the display issue.

Regards, lampard

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,096 Superusers
    If the factory reset does not help it is a dead display and it is time for a new watch. You are no longer under warranty and TT Sports does not offer a repair service (they actually went out of business over2.5 years ago).
  • piolopiolo Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Lampard
    thanks for the welcome in the community! I have tried several times to perform a factory reset on the watch using the Sports Connect software, but the watch works for a few minutes and then stops.
    everything works because with the data download on the Sport connect I have the opportunity to see my activities but nothing appears on the display other than hieroglyphics.
    Greetings, Paolo
    hi tfarabaugh
    it's definitely a broken display. pity that the repair service is not active because the product satisfied me a lot, simple, robust, I could take it in water both in the pool and in the dive. Such a pity. it's time for a new watch.
    thanks
    ju700d27h70f.jpg

• SwaquarelSwaquarel Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi, i have the same problem with my watch. The problem appeared on June 6th when reloading the battery. My device is still under warranty but it seems impossible to download the repair request form nor to get in contact with TT. Any suggestions ?
    thx
    Swaquarel wrote: »
    Hi, i have the same problem with my watch. The problem appeared on June 6th when reloading the battery. My device is still under warranty but it seems impossible to download the repair request form nor to get in contact with TT. Any suggestions ?
    thx

The only way to get in contact with TT Sports is through chat or email on the Contact Us page (link at bottom of every page) during business hours in India. They no longer offer phone support for watches as they went out of business over 2.5 years ago.

When you say reloading the battery do you mean you opened the case and put in a new battery or do you mean recharging the battery? If the first then you voided your warranty. Have you tried a factory rest just in case?
  • SwaquarelSwaquarel Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited June 8
    Hi tfarabaugh,
    i did not open the case, i only recharged the battery as usual with the adaptorcable.
    It is funny that the malfunction appears just on the day that the watch is 2 years in use.
    I think i better look for a new watch....
    Swaquarel wrote: »
    Hi tfarabaugh,
    i did not open the case, i only recharged the battery as usual with the adaptorcable.
    It is funny that the malfunction appears just on the day that the watch is 2 years in use.
    I think i better look for a new watch....

The timing was coincidental, I assure you. It is time to move on, you will find watches with far deeper and advanced features sets for a very reasonable price these days.