I purchased the map of the United States for $49.95 . Do I have to buy that map every 3 months? — TomTom Community

I purchased the map of the United States for $49.95 . Do I have to buy that map every 3 months?

Lloneeagle1Lloneeagle1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Do I have to buy the map of the United States every 3 months? I paid $49.95 for it.

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,221
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lloneeagle1

Looking on the USA website it appears for that price you will get the map and 1 update after 3 months. If you want to update it after that then you will have to buy it again. with however many updates you want either 4 over 1 year or 6 over 18 months. Based on how much you use a GPS the other option is to buy a new unit with Lifetime maps and cameras so no further map etc costs. Map updates come out every 3 months.

Doug
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lloneeagle1

Let’s try and clarify a few things.

If there was no map on the device when you got it then the device would not start as the presence of a map is integral to the units start up procedure. So with no map when you try to start it it would display No Map Found. That being the case there is a procedure to rectify that as per the following.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Alternatively I am wondering if when you tried to set it up you were offered some updates possibly to the Operating System and or maps. It may be that during that process something has gone wrong resulting in the No Map Found situation.

Regarding the Purchase of the unit including Lifetime Maps then there is no need for you to purchase a map and so you should get a refund. It is possible that the device has not been set up correctly on the TT servers and that is why you may not be getting offered the 3 monthly updates. Hopefully @VikramK can look at your account and resolve any account set up issues.

Regarding the refund unfortunately owing to the current situation the Phone Line Customer Support facility is not working. Maybe @VikramK can put in place the necessary action to sort that out.

Have a look back here to see what further advice is provided.

Doug
    Superuser
    edited May 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lloneeagle1

Here are contact details via Chat or Email whilst the phone lines are not available.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lloneeagle1

Looking on the USA website it appears for that price you will get the map and 1 update after 3 months. If you want to update it after that then you will have to buy it again. with however many updates you want either 4 over 1 year or 6 over 18 months. Based on how much you use a GPS the other option is to buy a new unit with Lifetime maps and cameras so no further map etc costs. Map updates come out every 3 months.

Doug
  • Lloneeagle1Lloneeagle1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I did buy the tomtom with lifetime maps and traffic but it did not have a map on it. I tried everything to get a free map download and could not get one so got tired of tring and just purchased a maP
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lloneeagle1

Let’s try and clarify a few things.

If there was no map on the device when you got it then the device would not start as the presence of a map is integral to the units start up procedure. So with no map when you try to start it it would display No Map Found. That being the case there is a procedure to rectify that as per the following.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Alternatively I am wondering if when you tried to set it up you were offered some updates possibly to the Operating System and or maps. It may be that during that process something has gone wrong resulting in the No Map Found situation.

Regarding the Purchase of the unit including Lifetime Maps then there is no need for you to purchase a map and so you should get a refund. It is possible that the device has not been set up correctly on the TT servers and that is why you may not be getting offered the 3 monthly updates. Hopefully @VikramK can look at your account and resolve any account set up issues.

Regarding the refund unfortunately owing to the current situation the Phone Line Customer Support facility is not working. Maybe @VikramK can put in place the necessary action to sort that out.

Have a look back here to see what further advice is provided.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,135 Moderator
    edited May 2020
    @Lloneeagle1

Not all Nav3 devices were sold with lifetime maps so we might need some additional information before activating the service.

Refund related queries are better dealt with by our customer service team, so I would suggest that you explain the situation to them and they can help you resolve the problem. Opening a LIVE chat is a current option available.

Thanks, Vikram
    Superuser
    edited May 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Lloneeagle1

Here are contact details via Chat or Email whilst the phone lines are not available.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Doug