No GPRS on 6200 — TomTom Community

No GPRS on 6200

My 6200 shows GPRS disconnected so the live traffic does not work. Has it been switched off due to the Coronavirus situation or do I need to do a reset ?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,698
    Superuser
    Hi @Talibantim

If you are at home and within range of your Wifi then that will take priority and disconnect the GPRS. When connected via Wifi traffic should still work. Go out of range and see if it then connects via GPRS.

Doug
  • TalibantimTalibantim Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for your reply, as soon as I go out of range of the wifi it goes to no data connection and GPRS disconnected.
    I had a similar problem a while back and had to send it back for a new sim to be fitted, lucky for me it was still under warranty. Any other ideas for me to try?

Tim
    Superuser
    Hi @Talibantim

Try

A soft reset

Go out of range of your Wifi well away from buildings and trees etc with a clear view of the sky and turn the unit on and when ready Hold the ON/OFF button in for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. The device will restart. Under normal circumstances and without having to o outside this is a useful thing to do after you have done any updates etc as it tidies files up on the unit.

A Factory Reset.

If the Soft Reset does not work then do a Reset Device from the Settings/System menu on the unit.
    Firstly make sure the unit is well charged or have it connected to a power source whilst doing it. This will return the unit to Out of the Box except it will not affect the Operating and Map versions on the unit. Before you do it go to the My Drive Website and log into your account and check that your My Places, My Routes etc are all backed up there. Now when you restart it you will have to set it up as you did originally including account and Wifi info. When finished again try it out of range of the Wifi.

Doug
    Thanks Doug, I will give it a try later

Tim
    Superuser
    edited May 2020
    Hi @Talibantim

If all you My Places etc are in your account when you check then they will be restored to the unit after you do a Device Reset. A Soft Reset does not affect the data on your device

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,972
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @Talibantim

If the Dougs suggestions haven't fixed the error....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 6200... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts oxidise over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    Important tips see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1693015/#Comment_1693015

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All of the usual disclaimers apply, all of the above is at your own discretion

ATB YFM
    Hi all, I have tried the soft reset, full factory reset and the sim card clean trick and still no luck. I am fast coming to the conclusion that it is f**cked. It is well out of warranty ( before i did the sim card bit ) so I think a new one will not cost much more than a repair.
    Thanks for the assistance guy's
    Tim
    Superuser
    Hi @Talibantim

If you have a map on the internal memory doe sit still not work right with the ~Micro Sd card removed.

There is this option you could try.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug