Planning a Route using Towns You don't want to go through — TomTom Community

Planning a Route using Towns You don't want to go through

TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Guys,
Just fiddling with my new Rider 550 and My-Drive and need (currently) to plan routes from home to/from distant ferry terminals. If I allow My-Drive to define the route(s) it tends to pick routes via motorways and what I'll call the "Great Circle Route" which does not always suit me even if it will be a second faster. I don't want to use the planning option "Avoid Motorways" because I'm happy to include motorways if necessary.

To this end I've been defining towns as way-points to steer the route which sort of works but I don't want to get deviated up the High Street just to reverse back out on track and then get to go up another 'off-route' "High Street". I've tried adding "Stops" on the preferred route to drag the route away from the town centre then delete that town. I sort-of need "Stops" that aren't stops. I need a "Go Via" or "Go Near" option.

Is there a way to get what I need. I'm sure I've seen this issue raise before, many times and years ago to no avail.

Comments

• TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hmmm! I asked this one nearly a year ago but no takers.

Would happily swap out "Intelligent Routes" for a "Go Near" option on my SatNavs.

I really need a "No Crappy Little Roads" option for reasons I've raised here before.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,105
    Superusers
    edited May 16
    Hi
    @TigerRider

The 'Travel Via' option from the previous NAV2 & NAV3 devices Is now 'Add to Current Route' or 'Add a Stop' on the NAV4 & NAV5 Wi-Fi) devices
    Pinch zoom to the required location 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Location --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Add to Current Route'
    The device will calculate your route to include your new location

Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options....

ATB YFM