Rider 410 impossible to update software/map. Internal memory full — TomTom Community

Rider 410 impossible to update software/map. Internal memory full

LargowLargow Posts: 23 [Master Explorer]
Hi! Ttried to update the software of my rider, but after 100%, got the message in MyDrive saying my device is not answering ... tried many times, looking at earlier similar messages posted by community (USB, pc software full reinstall, etc ...) got totally stuck.
When exploring the tomtom through file explorer, internal storage looks totally full, while on Mydrive, says it has 804Mo free.
Tried to remove voice from device, but MyDrive is too quick in trying to update the software automatically.
Any advice how to get out this crazy spiral ??

Best Answers

• LargowLargow Posts: 23 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Update: I tried again to update software and map but this time I've also connected my tomtom to Mydrive via my phone hotspot. as weird as it sounds, this time it has worked. have uploaded a smaller EU map, removed unused voices. works fine.

Answers

Hi VikramK. Thanks for the answer!
    I performed the factory reset, and connected the tomtom to the pc via MyDriveConnect.
    As soon as the device is connected, an update starts. Tried many time so to be quicker than the system for changing the map or removing voices... but no way.
    Got always the same message at the end "device not answering" ....
    Any other way to free up some internal memory?
    i4psk0i1oejd.png
    0hith5pyq7yk.png
    Accepted Answer
    Update: I tried again to update software and map but this time I've also connected my tomtom to Mydrive via my phone hotspot. as weird as it sounds, this time it has worked. have uploaded a smaller EU map, removed unused voices. works fine.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,131
    Superuser
    Hi @Largow

Have you got the USB power settings set so they turn off automatically as part of the power saving settings on your PC. (USB Selective Suspend)

Have a look at Yamfazman's post here.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/what tomtom do I have

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,454
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Largow
    What are the first 2 Characters of your serial Number ???
    I seem to recall a few Rider 4xx models with only 8GB on-board memory
    I think they were sold in Australia ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    @DougLap . Hi. Yes I checked this. but it didnt resolve my issue.
    Now all fine as indicated in my other message
    thanks !
    @YamFazMan
    Hi. 2 first characters of my TomTom "KD"
    only 8 Go of internal memory. seems to have been one root cause of my issue as DriveConnect tried to update the device software and/or map but crashed many times, without removing the temporary file.
    now all fine, but cant really say how this has been solved
    thanks!
    @YamFazMan
    will definitively do!