New TomTom GO Navigation app (v2.2) available for iOS — TomTom Community

New TomTom GO Navigation app (v2.2) available for iOS

Hi All,

Yesterday, we started the release of version 2.2 of the TomTom GO Navigation app. It will become available to all users over a period of one week.

What’s New in v2.2 :
  • Improved Search: Find results faster with points of interest and addresses together in one list.
  • Current Speed on CarPlay: See your current speed on CarPlay.
  • Points of Interest on CarPlay: See petrol stations and parking along your route on CarPlay.
Thanks, lampard

Comments

• VIP_TomVIP_Tom Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Unfortunately, this update has made voice instructions stop working on my app.

I have not touched any settings since the update, and have even looked to make sure the settings are the same, but I can’t hear anything on the app now.
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 176 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    The app is getting there TomTom.....if you could implement traffic bar information and upcoming turn instructions so you're not driving blind I probably would use this instead of my 6200.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,600
    Superuser
    Hi @VIP_Tom

Even although all appears to be correct could you try creating a route and when instructions are due press the Up volume button on the iPhone. Do this even if the setting is already full volume. This action has been known to sort the problem..

Doug
  • VIP_TomVIP_Tom Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @VIP_Tom

Even although all appears to be correct could you try creating a route and when instructions are due press the Up volume button on the iPhone. Do this even if the setting is already full volume. This action has been known to sort the problem..

Doug

I turned my sound app on iOS and that seems to have enabled sound on TomTom Go.

However, I did not need to do this before the update to 2.2. My sound used to be on mute, but it would still read voice instructions when using TomTom Go as it raised the sound automatically. This was extremely convenient. As of now, I will have to manually turn up the volume on iOS and turn it down again when I have finished using the app. I don't want the sound turned all the way up at all times as when I go onto other apps, such as YouTube, the video plays sound when I don't want it to.
  • rf_routerf_route Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    The first ‘features’ I’ve tried:
    - contacts -> cannot search, only scroll
    - Routing type ‘walking’ let me walk via motorway
    - search in it’s way is slow, not to use while driving (if ever)
    - siri’s not working (was she?)

I am a tt user since 2003.. have seen the changes along the way.. but this...?
  • Porkyv2Porkyv2 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I am a fan of TomTom having used it since the 1990's (Routeplanner on a Psion PDA - millennials Google it!) so please treat these comments as helpful feedback from a loyal customer!
    The latest V2.2 enhancement "POI show on your Route in CarPlay" raised my expectations for them to be quickly dashed - leaving me very disappointed. What I was expecting was the "POI route bar" which is on the right side of an iPhone screen to show on CarPlay. (pdf attached below) This shows upcoming petrol stations and speed camera's with the distance and ability to cancel navigation through an icon at the bottom. This is a very useful feature as on a longer journey you can just glance at the screen to see how far you are away from the next petrol station saving you the potentially dangerous distraction of pressing the screen to find one.
    What the latest "enhancement" actually does is merely show an Icon of the petrol station on the CarPlay screen as you approach it. (pdf attached below) This is a useless feature imho as by the time you have seen the Icon you will have arrived at the petrol station.
    So my question is when are you going to replicate the "POI Route Bar" from the iPhone on to CarPlay? In the meantime I suggest you remove the V2.2 "POIs along route in CarPlay" reference unless you really want to wind your customers up!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,189 Moderator
    Hi @Porkyv2

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for your feedback about the implementation of showing POIs along the route. I'll forward this to our team and hopefully, they can improve this functionality.

Best, lampard
    Superuser
    Hi @Porkyv2

The reason you do not see the route bar displayed in CarPlay mode is because Apple have provided Templates which must be used by App Designers when creating the Apps. There is no Template which facilitates the display of the. Route Bar information within CarPlay as you see when just using the Phone.

TomTom have been saying for some time that they are looking at how to currently display the route bar information within the current template restrictions and I am sure if a new Template is introduced by Apple which facilitates the Route Bar display in CarPlay mode then I am sure it will be integrated into the CarPlay display.

Doug
  • Phree_edPhree_ed Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Why oh why in the latest update do searches bring up correct results for street and house number but list the address in the wrong city/town.
    I do a search for an address in Woodford in Qld, Australia and it finds the address but says it‘s in Brisbane with no mention of Woodford other than a postcode. Woodford is over 80km from Brisbane CBD and is at least 50+km outside Brisbane’s border so what gives??

To put that in perspective for the Netherlands based TomTom company it's like searching for an address in Hasselt and being told the address you've found is in Amsterdam. Or if you're in the UK it's like finding an address in Oxford but being told it's in London.

How ridiculous is that and is the search function already being re written?
  • mortisha2001mortisha2001 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This update wiped my details and subscription completely!! 2-3 years worth of a subscription gone completely!!
    😡😡 this is Not on! Now I have to try and contact you directly TomTom UK which was a hassle before COVID-19!
    Superuser
    Hi @mortisha2001

Have a look here tomorrow and see if @lampard is able to provide you with an answer.

The phone line customer services are not working during the current crisis so if you need to contact TT then you need the Chat or Email details.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic

Doug