Tom Tom Carminat Renault laguna 3 MT 2009 error message — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Carminat Renault laguna 3 MT 2009 error message

Stefano86Stefano86 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello,

i purchased a Renault Laguna 3 MY 2009 with the carminat Tom Tom gps. Today i decided to update through Tom Tom home application. All went ok but after put the sd back in the car the following message appears: YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE. EURO-101682. If i click continue it just says loading map "europe" but nothing happens. Any help? I'm totally new with tom tom so i don't have idea what is going on. Thanks a lot

Best Answer

Answers

• Stefano86Stefano86 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram,

thank you so much for your answer.
    I copied and deleted the map from the SD .card.

If I go to purchase map i don't see any map offered for download.

How can i find it?

I am sure the device is connected to my account as I did yesterday and was confirmed

Thanks once more for your kind help

Stefano
    Hi Vikram

I actually noticed that i wasn't logged in that's probably why. The only thing is that i can't log in as i get the following message

The internet server had an internal error. It may be a problem. Please try again later.
    231/#https:home.tomtom.com/account/updateAccount: *IT server returned an unexpected error* Error
    code: 231 Debug info from server: ItProxyUnexpectedException: Non Home2 Exception
    :UnknownnProxyErrorCodeReceivedException: (0) Unknown proxy error code received: 1 URL:

Should i try later or did I do something not correct?

Thanks again

Stefano
    Hello Vikram,

I've been able to log in and I see the map, but before i had also Poland, now i don't have it anymore, but i have West Europe...would it be possible to have the same map as i had before? before there was all Europe...

Thanks

Stefano Brogiato
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,433 Moderator
    @Stefano86

Could you check for updates again, please?

Regards
    VIkram :)
    Hello Vikram,

Apologies for delay, but i was away for business reasons. I checked again. I have only western Europe and France while before the update i had entire Europe and as well Tom Tom live Safety Cameras which is now disappeared :(
    How do i can have the same maps i had before the updates?

thanks a lot

Stefano
    Hello Vikram,

I checked again and still no updates available. Can you please kindly assist me? i'm leaving for a journey in two weeks and it would be great if i can i have the Europe map as well as the Safety Camera as i used to have before the update. Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Stefano
    Hi @Stefano86

Could you check for updates again please?

Regards
    Vikram
    Hello Vikram
    I checked and the only updates available are the carminat tom tom software, France Map, and nav to postcode. I would need Europe 1030.9524. Previously I had 1015.9107 but since the updated it doesn't work anymore and I lost as well the Safery Cameras function. Could you please help me to restore those two features? Thanks a lot
    Map v10.30 is the latest.

Unfortunately I cannot activate latest maps..

You need to buy them on our webshop online and same goes for the speed camera services as well.

Regards
    Vikram
    Thanks Vikram.
    And wouldn't be possible to have a older version of Europe which is compatible with my device? I don't see why i have to pay for something that i had already :(
  • ajdeviseajdevise Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have bought the Carminat TomTom live map 10.15 for my Renault Laguna from 2012, but when i try to load the map I get the message "You cannot use this map on this device: Europe-101679"
    Please advise on hotw to proceed.
    Regards,
    ajdevise
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,359
    Superuser
    Hi @ajdevise

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can activate your map. Keep an eye out here.

Doug
    Hi @ajdevise

Welcome to the community!

Map reactivated.

Connect the card to TomTom HOME using your computer and remove the existing map first and then download a fresh map which gets offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ajdeviseajdevise Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    HI @VikramK ,

thank you for your help it works now!
    Just a note: it was not necessary to delete the map before taking the update through the TomTom Home application.

Best regards,
    Ajdevise
  • markisparkimarkisparki Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    edited March 14
    Hi There ~ I have the same problem. Bought a 2011 Grand Scenic 3 with an ancient map in it, so upgraded to a new 10.15 card, but I get the same error 101679 when I introduce it to the car.

I have connected it to my TomTom Home on my pc and it got a QuickGPS update, but I still get the error.

Can anyone advise what I need to do please? Let me know if I need to start a new thread - but I think this is the only thread with 'Carminat' and "101679" that comes up on a search...

Thank you :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,359
    Superuser
    Hi @markisparki

Hopefully @VikramK can help sort this out for you. Look back here on Monday.

Doug
    Thank you @DougLap - much appreciated. I will wait til Monday.

One extra piece of information for @VikramK is that I have done a bit more research and I realise that I may need to "link" this new card with my account which will replace my old card. I don't think I have done that yet, although I do have another email address I can use to set up a new account to avoid losing my old card if necessary. I don't want to damage or lose access to my old card - especially with this new one giving the Europe-101679 error.

My old card is version 850 but it cannot support an update as it is only 2GB, hence why I bought a new card. But I don't want to "link" this card with my account yet as it seems I can only have 1 card associated per email. Am I right?

Anyway, whatever you need me to do, I will sort it out once I get some advice on Monday. Thank you everyone...
    Hi @markisparki

Welcome to the community!

You can install multiple maps to the same card as long as you have an active subscription on your account for map updates.

I have reactivated the map for your device. Just remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
    OK - thank you @VikramK - that sorted it all out for me. So appreciated!

Cheers for now...
  • juliafjuliaf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi There ~ I have the same problem. Bought a 2011 Grand Scenic 3 with an ancient map in it, so upgraded to a new 10.15 card, but I get the same error 101679 when I introduce it to the car.

I have connected it to my TomTom Home on my pc and it got a QuickGPS update, but I still get the error.

Can anyone advise what I need to do please? Let me know if I need to start a new thread - but I think this is the only thread with 'Carminat' and "101679" that comes up on a search...

Thank you :)

Hello,
    I have the exact same problem, except mine is a 2013 Megane. @VikramK can you help me as well?
    Thank you!
    @juliaff

Welcome to the community! Please follow the same steps I advised above. A fresh map should be offered. Sorry, about the late reply.

~ Vikram
  • juliafjuliaf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    VikramK wrote: »
    @juliaff

Welcome to the community! Please follow the same steps I advised above. A fresh map should be offered. Sorry, about the late reply.

~ Vikram

Thank you, @VikramK, I was able to download the fresh map to the card and it is running.
    However, I realized that the map I downloaded is version 10.00 (v1000.8641) and the map version that is mentioned on the Renault SD card states 10.15 (I think TomTomHome says its v1015.9104).
    I'd really appreciate, if you could make the 10.15 version available as a fresh download?
    Thank you again.