MyPlaces not displaying name/options (not "clickable") in certain areas. — TomTom Community

MyPlaces not displaying name/options (not "clickable") in certain areas.

boothy99boothy99 Posts: 71 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
I have a TomTom GO 6200 and have noticed an area of the map (Europe 1047.10168) that appears to have issues with MyPlaces. I can see the problem icons (named with only 1 to 2 words) on the TomTom screen and in the search list, but if I touch them on the TomTom to display the name / options pop-up, nothing happens. Other MyPaces nearby work as expected.

I am obviously unable to delete / edit / these on the TomTom, but am fortunately able to do so on MyDrive. I have deleted these problem MyPlaces a number of times from MyDrive and replaced them on both the TomTom and MyDrive with no affect on the problem.
Syncing at home on WiFi is not a problem. I see an instantaneous change if I edit or change the MyPlace using MyDrive.

The places I've been trying to add a "working" MyPlace to are shown below. Could anyone kindly temporarily add MyPlaces to the locations and see if it's reproducible please? Is it the (fully updated) map - Europe 1047.10168, or my TomTom?

First issue found near postcode, Northwards along the Leek Road ST1 3NP (Screwfix) - just to the side of the loop road ....
5rca4r4esez7.jpg

Two others either side of Victoria Road near post code ST4 2UY .....
ip7npckglxwq.jpg

This has been an issue through the various updates to the maps I've updated / installed?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,336
    Superuser
    Hi @boothy99

Tried on my GO5200 with the same 1047.10168 map and op system 19.202.0010.411 (0) (27/09/2019) and they saved fine in My Drive , transferred to the Go unit instantly and open with Tapand menu with Drive then offer as Start Point or ability to Renam if I then Tap 3 dots.

Try a Soft Reset and if that does not work a Reset Device in Settings/System. If doing the latter make sure all your data is backed up in your account.

Doug
  • boothy99boothy99 Posts: 71 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thanks very much for testing it out, Doug. Appreciated 👍
    I'd tried a soft reset already so will list the order I've set my menus up at, and give a hard reset a try (all MyPlaces & POI's are safely in the cloud, ta).

Cheers,
    Dave.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,336
    Superuser
    edited May 5
    Hi @boothy99

Your welcome. Really odd that the My Places don’t work there but do elsewhere.

Just to add the tests sites I created appear in my Go Navigation App okay although the App uses a different set of maps to the PMD’s.

Doug
    Ah, ok - thanks for the update Doug. I'll hold off (just for now) doing a full reset, but when I do I'll update here with what happens 👍👌
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,686
    Superusers
    Hi
    @boothy99
    As Doug says... the 3 examples in your post all work fine on my GO Premium....

uj2biksgzbdd.jpg
    boothy99 wrote: »
    (Snip)I am obviously unable to delete / edit / these on the TomTom, but am fortunately able to do so on MyDrive
    (1)... If you Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> My Places --> Edit List....
    You can delete a MyPlace/s

mieh7tr830x8.jpg
    (2)... If you Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> My Places --> Tap on a MyPlace name..
    You can rename the Myplace

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited May 6
    Thanks YamFazMan 👍
    If the map is fine, then it looks like I might need to reset my TomTom.
    I might try to delete the problematic items on the TomTom from the edit list as you suggest first ... see if that fixes them.
    Cheers,
    Dave.