Go6200 speed camera updates for life — TomTom Community

Go6200 speed camera updates for life

MartyD64MartyD64 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,I purchased a Go6200 2 years ago and on the box it reads "free speed camera updates for life" can anyone tell me why tomtom international have started taking £2.99 from my PayPal account and how did they require my details?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,628
    Superuser
    Hi @MartyD64

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can look at this but did you have a previous Tomtom unit which you used to have to pay for Camera Updates that could have suddenly started charging for. If you did have an older unit what was it and are you still using it and do your require the Camera updates for it.

Doug
  • MartyD64MartyD64 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Doug, yes I did have a tomtom start 50/5 which I sold about 18 mouths ago. I have just managed to find tomtom international connect on goggle and found my details and deleted it off my account. Do you think this could be the problem?

MartyD
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,628
    Superuser
    edited May 4
    Hi @MartyD64

Unlikely as I assume you cleared the details from the Old unit before you sold it and so the buyer would need to input the account details and your old password to be able to get the Speed camera file to load on it.

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can review this and sort out.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @MartyD64

I think your bank card or account details are still linked to the subscription. Please find the steps on the below FAQ to cancel the service.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26819

Regards
    Vikram.