Using Tom Tom home with my Go 910 — TomTom Community

Using Tom Tom home with my Go 910

My Tom Tom has been excellent and it is quite old, so Tom Tom no longer offer phone support or map updates for it. Until fairly recently I have been able to connect my Go 910 to tom tom home to get updates for quickfix GPS and map sharing, but when i do this now an error message comes up and it wont let me update the latest map shares or gps fix. Have Tom Tom stopped this service or should i still be able to update these 2 items ? Also, can you tell me if i have the most up to date versions of my UK and world maps. My UK map is ver 1030.9525 and my World map is ver 1005.8767. To me, it seems that i have plenty of storage space left on my device as it has an internal 20Gb drive ( which i mainly use to store music) , so I am very surprised that Tom Tom say that the device cannot cope with the new larger maps they are producing..... can anyone explain why my device ( with a 20Gb drive) is regarded by Tom Tom as being too small to upgrade the maps????? When i bought my device many years ago, it was over £400 and the most expensive device they sold at that time, so i am very disappointed that it is no longer supported , but have received dozens of emails from Tom Tom asking me to upgrade and spend approx another £300 on a new device ( albeit , they come with lifetime map updates , traffic info speed cameras etc ) . Whereas with my old device , I have spent quite a lot on the new map updates etc over the years as they have rolled out new maps. Hope you have some advice for me. Thank you so much. Cheers and stay safe Jimmy Grinter

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,221 Moderator
    @Jimmymerlin

Hi Jimmy

The FAQ page below will answer most of your questions-

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/#car

You should find all the information about the map releases on this FAQ

Only the Customer Service Team can confirm if there are any additional offers or loyalty discounts we can offer.

Regards
    Vikram
  • JimmymerlinJimmymerlin Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you so much for the information. Can you please let me know if the gps quickfix and map share options are still available for my Go 910 , because each time i connect my Tom Tom to Home and try to update it, I get an error message and it wont upload the gps quick fix or map shares for me. Thank you.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,434
    Superusers
    edited July 13
    Hi
    @Jimmymerlin

This works for me....

I can install all the updates that Tomtom allows for my EOL NAV2 Start device....
    Note... Using this option you will be running a modified version 2_9_91_411 that doesn't call for the latest problematic update to be installed

Firstly Backup any Maps you have in Tomtom Home... To your PC....

Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of Tomtom Home... (Mabe useful for End of Life Tomtom Devices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall Tomtom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version 2_9_91_411 from.... http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

(3)… Install it without running....
    i.e... uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

(4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\Tomtom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run Tomtom Home. It will believe to be running the latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update

syepdzxxpdoq.jpg
    dfhrvmrn3cfc.jpg
    7ara29vy1mjv.jpg
    ATB YFM