Can you transfer your paid GPS Voices from a TomTom One to a TomTom VIA 1625M — TomTom Community

Can you transfer your paid GPS Voices from a TomTom One to a TomTom VIA 1625M

I have the Bugs Bunny's Voice on my older TomTom One that I paid $12.99 for in the past, Can I get that same voice transferred from the TomTom One to be put on my new TomTom VIA. It looks like the Bugs Bunny Voice is no longer available and I feel that if you paid for the voice already, than you should still be able to use it on all your devices. I do not like the fact that you cannot speak to a live person from TomTom.
Thank You.

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    Hi @Dryidea

Welcome to the community!

I have activated the voice for the VIA 1625 device. It should be offered as a download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
  • DryideaDryidea Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Thank You Vikram. I have another question. Can my Recent Destinations from my Older TomTom One, be transferred and downloaded to my New TomTom- VIA 1625M?
    Thank You. Sincerely, Dryidea.
    I just purchased my TomTom VIA 1625 on 4/5/2020 and when I go to the page that says "Whats Installed on My Device", it shows this, USA, Canada & Mexico
    Current Version: v9.95
    NOT INSTALLED
    Outdated, renew now..
    Why would I need to purchase a new map when my Device is new?.

Thanks.
    Dryidea

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,708
    Superuser
    Hi @Dryidea

Have you checked in Settings/My Drive whether your unit has logged ono your account. If it has not then you will have to enter the password so it can login and sync your data and be offered updates.

According to the USA Tomtom website the Via1625M. unit comes with Lifetime ( 4 x per year) map updates. May be @VikramK can check tomorrow that you unit has been set up correctly on their servers so that you are offered the free updates.

Doug
    Hi Doug, yes I did all what you said and it let me know that it was updating the Bugs Bunny Voice and something else that I am not sure about for all this is new to me and I am learning.
    Hi @Dryidea

Please do a soft reset -

and check for updates in MyDrive Connect. A fresh map should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
    Dryidea wrote: »
    Thank You Vikram. I have another question. Can my Recent Destinations from my Older TomTom One, be transferred and downloaded to my New TomTom- VIA 1625M?
    Thank You. Sincerely, Dryidea.

Sorry I missed this one.

Cannot transfer recent destinations, but if you have these locations saved as favourites, then see @YamFazMan 's reply to your topic here

Regards
    Vikram