GO 600 problems connecting under Windows 10 Pro — TomTom Community

GO 600 problems connecting under Windows 10 Pro

torquay33torquay33 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Under Windows 10 Pro my Go600 connects to a USB2 socket and powers up OK. My problem is that the latest MyDrive Connect programme does NOT find my G0600. I've uninstalled the programme, cleaned out the registry using my paid for CC Cleaner and rebooted my computer. Then I've downloaded the My Drive Connect programme and installed it again but still the programme cannot find my 600 satnav.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Ken

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,873 Superusers
    edited April 19
    Hi
    @torquay33

If I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I also Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Important... For bullet-point (4) in the link below
    DO NOT
    have your device connected to your PC) when installing MyDrive Connect

Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or... Instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program... To be just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

ATB YFM
  • torquay33torquay33 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 19
    YamFazMan,
    Many thanks for your suggestion which I followed to the very letter but to no avail! My
    Drive Connect still cannot find my GO 600. I used the free Revo Uninstaller as per instructions then cleared out the Windows 10 registry. I also checked through the Windows Explorer the programme files and the x86 programme files to ensure that there were no remnants of anything Tom Tom had left. I then rebooted my computer (Not switched it off!) and reinstalled the latest MyDrive Connect with NOT having my Go600 connected. I then connected my GO600 and waited till it showed that it was connected to my computer then I launched the Go Connect programme and signed in. The programmes still shows that it cannot see my Go600.
    HELP PLEASE!
    Hi
    @torquay33

Are you connecting the device directly to a USB Port on the PC and the Micro USB port the device ???
    NOT through the Tomtom Mount... Or a USB Hub or any PC peripheral like a Keyboard with USB port etc....

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm doing as per para 1 of your last reply; to a USB2 port under Windows 10 Pro. I've just removed my Evo SSD and popped in an old Windows 7 Pro mechanical drive which I forgot I had lying in a cupboard, and it found my GO600 using the MyDrive Connect without any problems.
    Any other thoughts on this?

Lifelong Honda man...Long live the Gold Wing. Sadly I've had to sell it as the wife can no longer get on the bike.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,545 Superuser
    Hi all

@torquay33

MyDrive Connect (MDC) works for me as well with Windows10 as with Windows7. But sometimes Windows 10 is a little more capricious with the detection and activation of the drivers.
    Look at the link below, maybe it could help you. First do a Soft Reset to force the driver auto-detection by your PC. Think to use a PC user account with "Administrator Rights" for all your changes for MDC or the TomTom driver.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1698978/#Comment_1698978

Regards.
    Thanks Laure123. When you mean a soft reset, do you just mean switching off and then restarting the GO600? MY older TomTom satnav had a dedicated reset button on the base of the unit but the GO600 does not seem to have one.
    edited April 20
    @torquay33

On new devices, no dedicated button. Read the link I gave you. The "how to" is explained step by step. The first paragraph for "Soft Reset" with the TomTom device connected to the PC by its cable = force driver auto-detection by the PC.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1698978/#Comment_1698978

I hope it will work for you, it's the simplest. Otherwise read and apply the following steps of the link.

Regards.
    edited April 21
    Hi
    @torquay33
    I'm Running Win10 Pro on a SSD Drive as well... All OK no problems....
    Try....
    With MyDrive Connect running... Your device plugged in and turned on
    On the keyboard... Press the Windows Button + R
    In the Run box type... Control printers
    Click OK
    The Devices and Printers window opens
    Right Click on the Tomtom Icon and select 'Troubleshoot'
    Note... Maybe listed as a Remote NDIS Compatible Device....
    My GO Premium displays as 'NDIS Compatible Device #8'

neha7jky70on.jpg
    Then follow on-screen instructions....

ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan :)
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @torquay33
    I'm Running Win10 Pro on a SSD Drive as well... All OK no problems....
    Try....
    With MyDrive Connect running... Your device plugged in and turned on
    Right Click Widows10 Start button
    Click Control Panel

Click Devices and Printers
    Right Click on the Tomtom Icon and select 'Troubleshoot'
    Note... Maybe listed as a Remote NDIS Compatible Device... My GO Premium displays as 'NDIS Compatible Device #8'
    Then follow on-screen instructions....

ATB YFM

Another way to do it, but...
    The shortcut "Control Panel" has disappeared from the "Start Menu" of Windows 10 since version 1703 of April 2017 replaced by "Settings"... unless you use a workaround to modify the W10 Start Menu. Idem for command prompt (cmd) replaced by PowerShell, easier to change for now.
    Almost all users, except exceptions, have a newer W10 version or the latest version 1909 of November 2019 and do not modify the Start Menu. Maybe adapt your tuto.

The main thing is not the means, but rather to simply obtain the desired result. I hope @torquay33 has solved his driver problem and can do his updates.

Regards.
    edited April 22
    Hi
    @LAURE123
    Thanks for the info... I never noticed the change....
    Running Windows10 Pro 1909
    I use desktop short-cuts (That I created ages ago) to access Devices and Printers and the Control Panel

Post edited...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1702076/#Comment_1702076

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @torquay33

Sorry, I hadn't seen your answer here.
    Thank you for the more detailed explanations on your problem.
    torquay33 wrote: »
    LAURE123
    Many thanks for your suggestions above which I followed to the letter.
    1. In my device manager it showed the Remote NDIS compatible device #2 had the yellow explanation mark against it and windows cannot verify the digital signature for drivers required. The choices are UPDATE DRIVER, DISABLE DEVICE, UNINSTALL DEVICE. On attempting to update the device it says that Windows has the latest driver installed. I then removed the device, closed down my computer then restarted it. It still showed the yellow explanation mark on rebooting.
    2. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security and in the Network Traffic Monitor, Manage Applications, TomTom International is showing as Green and Network Activity is also shown with a green tick.
    3. I have uninstalled MDC and used CCCleaner to clear out the registry once again and then closed the computer down. I then rebooted and downloaded MDC and installed it once more but the results is still the same.
    4. Doing a soft reset with the cable attached makes no difference and the same applies without the cable attached. On launching the 600 without the cable attached then attaching it and logging into MDC it still does not recognise my GO600.
    5. Still no further forward.
    edited July 1
    @torquay33

So, I will try to help you but it is not obvious. Thanks for the more detailed explanations on your problem.

For the error message: "windows cannot verify the digital signature for drivers required" do you have a code number? Maybe 52 or another? Can you specify it in a message?

For possible legitimate questioning, the TomTom drivers are digital signed by Microsoft. No reason to deactivate the Windows10 signature verification function otherwise there would be hundreds and hundreds of complaints on the subject on this forum.

- In "Device Manager" for "Remote NDIS compatible device" with the yellow symbol ⚠ choose "Uninstall Device"
    Unplug the TomTom device from the PC, uninstall MDC completely and restart your PC.

- Is your Windows up to date? During your latest Windows Updates you haven't had any problems or errors? Check if the "Windows Updates" function works correctly if necessary repair it and launch after your Windows updates:
    Microsoft FAQ how to do, click on the left in the "Windows Updates" Settings page on "Troubleshoot":
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028430/windows-10-use-a-fix-it-tool

- After all that, reinstall MDC and connect your GO600. If you still have problems try my process again or @YamFazMan process.

I also use Kaspersky, but "Kaspersky Internet Security", not "Total", the operation is similar. Kaspersky can on some PC configurations pose problem but not to my knowledge on the installation of the driver.
    It can block downloads or block transfer from PC to TomTom device.

You can create an exclusion for MDC and the TomTom device in prevention even if I think there is no direct link with the driver:
    For MDC this file:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MyDrive Connect\ TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe
    Look at the Kaspersky FAQ, you tick all boxes and above all "Do not scan all traffic":
    https://support.kaspersky.com/13971#block2

For the TomTom device, in the place where you went to check, put it in "trusted network". Kaspersky FAQ:
    https://support.kaspersky.com/13630#block1

Regards.
    Laure123

Thanks for this advice and I'll get around to trying what you suggest when I have more time as I have a bed-bound disabled wife to take care of.
    I have the latest version of 10 installed (1909) and it's bang up to date as of yesterday.
    Re your para2 The code number is 52. re para 4..done that to no avail. Windows is fully up to date. re para 6...done that.

I'll go through the remainder of the advice on Thursday as Wednesday is shopping day and house cleaning day IE bed linen change etc.etc.

Thanks to you both for the time being.

Ken
    @torquay33

Ok, another idea if nothing works, after that I don't really see how.

Install (update) the TomTom driver via "Safe Mode with Networking" (f5) in "Device manager". This will disable Windows signature verification but only for the selected TomTom driver and will also disable the firewall.
    FAQ Microsoft, how to activate "Safe Mode", tick in addition "Network" in de window:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Thursday I will try to look at the forum but that day it is I who would be absent.

Regards.
    LAURE123 AND YamFazMan

Many thanks to you both for your patience and advice. However, I've just given up trying to solve this problem on my main SSD drive. I have too many other domestic problems to deal with at this moment in time as I'm sure that you'll understand if you read a previous comment by me.
    I have an old laptop drive with Win7 Pro installed and just the M/Board drivers and a couple of other programmes including My Drive Connect which works fine under Win 7. This laptop drive I've mounted in an Akask removal caddy on my main computer and cloned it onto an old 3.5" drive. Both HDD drives work fine and see My Drive Connect and I can update my Go600 under Win7. That's all I'll use the Win 7 drives for.
    By the way, MyDrive Connect works just fine on my laptop and can update my Go600 but it will not work on my main SSD. I've followed both your advice but the problem still persisted.
    Once again, my thanks to you both.
    Ken Driver