Renaul update problem — TomTom Community

Renaul update problem

Bert1965Bert1965 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have updated my Renault navigation system several times since 2015 without problems.
November 2019 I bought a subscription update and this was the first time I had problems updating the navigation system properly. I copied the SD-card and installed the TomTom Home software on another computer but go the same problem.
While updating the SD-card I got an error message that the update wasn't complete but the SD-card worked without problems. I thought a software update would solve the problem but today I still have problems updating the SD-card.
What happens it that after checking for updates the main screen of TomTom Home goes blank more or less. The menu at the upper left corner is still there but the word tomtom with the logo is above it.
ui7iujf2z2xk.png
From here I can only close the application.

Another message I get it this one, but I still have a valid subscription till spring 2021.
nkujbeo47buz.png

When I select 'Update mijn Carminat TomTom' I get the following screen:
5t43i1bt0mug.png

I have also tried to restore my navigation system, reinstalled the software, but nothing works.

What can I do else?

Regards,
Bert

Answers

• Bert1965Bert1965 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    78bmp073b1ip.png
    Is there any support from TomTom on there forums or is it better to ask for a refund and forget about the navigation system in my car?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,285
    Superuser
    Hi @Bert1965

This is largely a customer based forum however maybe @VikramK can make some suggestions so look back here next week and see if he has left some ideas here.

Doug
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Bert1965 wrote: »
    Is there any support from TomTom on there forums or is it better to ask for a refund and forget about the navigation system in my car?

No and Yes.
    Tried another computer to update the maps.

64bvti5jdewm.jpg

I can write the SD-card without problems. The error message is ridiculous.