ONE XL - recoverable? — TomTom Community

ONE XL - recoverable?

A few years ago, after an update blocked my One XL, we moved and I lost my GPS. Now I found it and I would like to recover its use. Is this hopeless? My computer (W10-64) won't even recognize the USB drive I plug it in. When charged and turned on, away from the computer, it does not get satellites. It's close to dead. Any chance I can re-install an older version of HOME? Last time I used it (approx. 2014-2015) I added a 2Gb card and bought European maps which worked nicely. I am not very 'technical' and if you can help, please be specific on what I should do and procedure steps. Thank you so much.
-gA

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,432 Moderator
    edited April 20
    Hi @realty

Are you using a TomTom supplied USB cable to connect the device?

Try a soft reset and connect again-

I have also reactivated a map for your device. If it gets recognized you should be able to download the map using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram

• realtyrealty Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Vikram, I appreciate your help very much, but please be patient as I am not knowledgeable about these things..
    - yes, I am using a TomTom supplied USB cable to connect the device
    - I have used a paperclip to do a reset; is that soft?
    - how do I download your reactivated map?
    - I have my older TTH 2.7.6.2056 with which I was happy, before all trouble started. Should I uninstall whatever is there now (i don't know what) and install this older version? HOW?
    - I got into trouble when the automatic update installed itself. Then, my GPS would no longer work.
    - if I reinstall TTH 2.7, is there a way to stop those automatic updates?
    Thanks for letting me take advantage of your helpful answer.
    -gA