Small map for SD? — TomTom Community

Small map for SD?

Hi, I have TomTom 5200 WiFi. I have added a SanDisk 32 GB SD Card to the device. The device formatted the disc for maps. Could I have a small map to install for troubleshooting purposes. I have not had any trouble with the device, it is a just in case measure. Question: Do I download it from MyDrive Connect and is there anything else I should know. Many Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,221
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MyNameAllreadyExists

You can add the map yourself as you should see all the Tomtom maps covering the world available for free download when you go to Add a Map in Settings/Maps. I have Venezuela as a small map on my device and you can get that alongside the Full European map on the internal memory.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited April 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @MyNameAllreadyExists

On the NAV5 Wi-Fi devices, when you select the Map to install....
    The device offers a choice of locations....

sprnfodrdhrg.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,221
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MyNameAllreadyExists

You can add the map yourself as you should see all the Tomtom maps covering the world available for free download when you go to Add a Map in Settings/Maps. I have Venezuela as a small map on my device and you can get that alongside the Full European map on the internal memory.

Doug
  • MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 84 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited April 2020
    Doug, many thanks. I obviously misunderstood I did not realise maps are available for download. Just one other thing, I may have misunderstood, the reason I added the SD card is because I thought that if the device malfunctioned, in that the map was corrupted I needed to use a map on the CD to troubleshoot? I have looked at the available maps and Venezuela. EDIT Added map to SD. Thanks

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited April 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @MyNameAllreadyExists

On the NAV5 Wi-Fi devices, when you select the Map to install....
    The device offers a choice of locations....

sprnfodrdhrg.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 84 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Thanks, YamFazMan. Don't know if you saw my post before I edited it. I went to download the map to what I thought would be the internal map but was given the choice as per your image. Many thanks, not just for your reply to my question but for all the other expert information you post on this forum. Keep safe.